Jul 24, 2007

It Has Come to my Attention...

...that I have snakes around the house again.

Just writing the word sends chills down my spine. I think we all know how much I hate, now wait, DETEST snakes. (Remember this post last year?) Well, this was only one snake but it was BIG. And that is not a fish story Tim.

It was like this long↓ - x 5
_______________________________________


See how big that is? And it wasn't a skinny little one. It was a chunker, like the size of a hose. When I was watering my boxwoods, (that in 20 years may finally join together and form a hedge. Honey, could you have planted then any further away from each other???) I saw it laying in front of the warm concrete wall behind. Like it was at Club Med or somethin'! My eyes detected the end of the snake first and then slowly, being in complete and utter shock, I followed this long line of black 'til I reached the head. It turned towards me with a rather annoyed "What are YOU lookin' at??" and then my fear finally caught up with my voice box and in turn finally made my feet move. Man, I can run and scream like no other. Our guests and my children, insane that they are, decided to run where I had been to see if they could find it. I, of course, knew better than to give the exact location of this horrible, horrible creation as I knew they would CATCH it and torment me with it. They never did find it. But that of course means it is still around here, just waiting to come and get me. I imagine it waiting for me .... and when it thinks I am unaware it will come slithering quickly towards me, slide up my leg into my pants and bite me. This may be an irrational thought but hey - it could happen!! So now every time I go to water the shrubs in that area I am on the alert. Will it be back? Is it mad at me? Does it have a Soprano's-type family to back it up? All I can do is pray for rain so I don't have to go near the damn things...

6 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

EY say that the snake is more afraid of us than we are of them. But....what do THEY know??? And...is that even possible?

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OH I hate snakes!

Tim said...

They love to wriggle up stone houses and get in the upstairs windows to look for nice cool places, like under your bed or in your sock drawer. Sometimes they like getting in the plumbing and come out when you start the shower...

but it probably won't.

Chunks said...

Call your realtor. I say a move is in order.

Ssssscary!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say that the above TIM is being very supportive....had to laugh out loud at his last comment!!! They say buying pigs will help the situation but then you'd have to attend to a lot more then wriggle snakes!! Aunty Jackie

cityfarmer said...

I just got the heeby jeebies and goosebumps, too