Jul 12, 2007

Jack's Lucky Year



Today my little guy turns 12. On the 12th! I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Well, maybe the day before yesterday. (it has been 12 years after all)

He was a week late and had no intention of making his debut until they hit me with the dreaded drip. Complications arose as the cord was around his neck so let's just suffice it to say that things got a little crazy near the end. But hey, he was my first baby so I was pleasantly unaware to some extent. Small mercies. After letting me see him for a few seconds they whisked him away to check on him. Hubby was so scared both for me and him, poor guy, he felt so helpless. After I was all cleaned up and back in my bed they brought in our bundle of joy. I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life. They handed this beautiful little boy to me, the best present I could have ever gotten, wrapped up in a pretty blue blanket. The love I felt in my heart made it seem like it would overflow - my serotonin levels were off the charts! I fell instantly head over heels for this child, thanking God for a safe arrival. I studied his face, counted his toes, and revelled in that new baby smell. And he was such a good baby in that hospital, (notice how I am specific in that last sentence?) the nurses loved him as he rarely fussed. I rely on these memories and visit them often because they grow so fast! Next year he will be a teen! But no matter what, he will always be my firstborn. And if I close my eyes and concentrate, I can transport myself back to that time in a heartbeat.

Happy Birthday Jack! Love you!

6 comments:

Chunks said...

Happy Birthday to both you and Jack. It's amazing how fast the time flies, isn't it?

obe said...

happy birthday to JACK! ahhh those baby memories melt my heart Every single time. xo

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Our 1st born (Giselle, age 34) is getting married next Sat.! So I KNOW how time flies! I still remember it as if it were....the day before the day before yesterday!!!

Connie :) said...

Happy birthday Jack! Can't wait to see you! xo

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!!

cityfarmer said...

You have a true mother's heart...HB, Jack...do you have more children?