Jul 9, 2007

Ya Da Ya Da Ya Da....

It is SCARY how I can waste hours in a day. Minutes that somehow turn into hours and then BANG! it's 5:30 p.m. and I haven't done a single thing - I haven't even planned what to feed my children for supper. And they're on to me. Their eyes roll behind my back. I know this. Cuz I have eyes in the back of my head.

I can get on the Internet and get lost quite easily. And Facebook doesn't help things. Why? Because I must know what a friend I last spoke to in highschool is doing. What groups they have joined. What places they have been. Who have they talked to? What gift did they give? Who are their friends and must I know them too? Really, that is uber annoying. TOO MUCH INFORMATION FACEBOOK!

And then I get stuck at this place. I go through these lists like I am searching for the holy grail when I SHOULD be cleaning my house for company (Hey Tim & Con! :) that is arriving this weekend. But really, we all know that I work best under pressure so I won't start that until Saturday afternoon. I digress.

I envy people who are organized and clean on Mondays. Shop on Tuesdays. Dust on Thursday. I am a Gemini with a fairly short attention span and cleaning house is not overly exciting to me. Why vacuum when you can search ebay for the third season of Green Acres? I mean, really!

Oh and a big p.s. to this post. Wilbur is (sort of) getting that brother he always wanted. The lady I adopted Wilbur from needs to find a home for an old english sheepdog named 'Winston'. My parents have decided that this is the dog for them. CAN YOU IMAGINE Wilbur and Winston together? Oh the fun they will have! And Socal, I know you are grinning from ear to ear right now! :)

Don't let the picture the picture fool you - they may look a lot alike but this dog is actually WINSTON! When I was posting this picture on my blog, Wilbur saw it on the computer screen, tilted his head and started barking excitedly. How sweet is that? :)

8 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Too sweet! As long as Wiinston is not a DAILY companion, Wilbur(read:Joy) might be all right!

SoCalMuchacha said...

OMG, I am SOOOOO beyond grinning, chica! Yippee, Wilbur...a relative for you to get into trouble with non-stop! ;) Well, at least until you head down this way to play with Rudy. Speaking of, did I tell you he was diagnosed with diabetes, Joy? :( So far two weeks of ($120 a month) insulin twice daily, and thankfully things seem to be going well. Mind you, my schedule now revolves around his insulin timing...but we do what we need to for our furry kids. And did I also mention I'm working weekends at an animal ER? So animals are DEFINITELY ruling my life right now. Am oh-so-thrilled about Wilbur's new buddy, though. :)

And btw, this entry also spoke to me on the 'where in the heck did the day go?' aspect, since plopping down for 'just a minute' in front of the puter can so EASILY turn into (gulp) hours! Later, my friend! :)

Jenny said...

Hey add me as a friend...Jenny Slezak...
Can't remember what you wrote, I was giddy that you were on facebook!LOL
Yes, I'm a loser!!
Have a great day!

Jenny said...

Had to reread...Winston!!! Isn't that amazing!!

Chunks said...

Oh the Facebook. Isn't it the most brutal creation on the Interweb?!

It's summer. Pop some mini pizzas in the toaster oven and enjoy your days!

Wilbur and a cousin. No, I guess it would be an uncle, wouldn't it? Winston would be your brother. Oh, let's just call them cousins. Either way, it's gonna get hairy! :)

The Paris Apartment said...

Enjoy these summer days, they don't come often! i don't even want to know what facebook is though!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my doggy! I can hardly wait. We'll go walking together Joy, won't that be a blast?
Mommy Kay

asianbodacious said...

I agree - TOO MUCH INFORMATION ON FACEBOOK!!

Just stumbled across your blog.. i love it!! Feel free to visit mine anytime. :-)