Aug 2, 2007

Am I Insane?...

Well, that's depends on who's asking...


Yesterday I cleaned with my cleaning lady. Years back she used to help me about 2 times a month but had to 'retire' to work exclusively for an older couple who needed her every day. I've lamented many times about the loss of Barb because she is one great lady. Not just a cleaning lady, but a friend. When she comes over to clean, we start with a coffee together and then get down to business. No-one even comes close to her diligence so I just gave up and tried to do it on my own. Hah! Out of the blue she called me last week to say that she was free - FREE! And would I need her again? WOULD I NEED HER AGAIN? Umm, the same answer applies to "Are my floors dirty?" Yes, oh my heavens, yes!


She tackled cleaning the windows - first with soap and water, followed by Windex, and I took off the curtains to wash them. O.K. I cannot believe I am actually going to admit this, but I had never washed them. (wait, I have too much pride to tell you just how long it had been) When I put them in the bath tub I nearly fainted when the water hit them. THE WATER WAS BLACK. Who KNEW curtains could get that dirty from a non-smoking home? Was Wilbur perhaps taking them down while we were out and using them to dry his paws? I don't know, but I had to wash them 3 times to get 'em clean. And then I hung them on the clothesline to dry in the warm, hot, fabulous 'sun-shiny' sun. Move over Prozac, 'cuz you cannot get close to the feeling this gives me inside. CLEAN CURTAINS. IN FRONT OF CLEAN WINDOWS. Does it get any better than this? I think not.

I also dragged the HUGE (artificial) tree in the corner outside as it was full of dust. I took the hose to it which was very satisfying. Maneuvering that thing was not easy to say the least. And it's heavy. But I succeeded.


Now here is the part where I tell you that I have been suffering from a sore neck and shoulder for, oh, I don't know - 3 months now. I finally broke down and went to the chiropractor who fixed me up after approx. 6 sessions. Turns out both my beck and spine were out of alignment. I have just started feeling more like myself and was happy to complete 4 hours of solid cleaning with Barb. So much so, that after she left, I decided to keep going. And start moving furniture around. More precisely, a couch down these stairs.↓

Well, more of a loveseat, really. And truth be told, Jack helped me. (as much as a disinterested 12 year boy can help) The couch had been upstairs in the loft but I decided it might look better in the kitchen. The kitchen orginally had four club chairs, but I, being the Gemini that I am, decided I was bored with that configuration. So the couch came down - and the 2 chairs went up. That was fun ... in a pull-your-brains-out-through-your-nose sort of way.


...Oh yeah, my new chiropractor appointment is Friday at 1:30 p.m....

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I know what you mean by being a non smoking home and wondering where all that dirt came from! We live in a town where the horse trails are in front of the homes and each time they ride by,a large puff of dirt wafts in our window! :) Enjoying your blog! lisa

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

K Joy! TOtally LOVE your tables and chairs! Sooo ready to toss some of my white stuff for something like that! :) Oh heavens..what did i just say? LOL Seriously...love the old wood stuff!

Chunks said...

I would love to have someone come in and help me clean. Maybe I should ask hubby if I can hire someone. Ahh that would be so nice. The neurotic side of me gets a little weird though thinking someone else will see my dirt. Hm.

New Chiro appointment. HA! You are so much like me, maybe I am a Gemini deep down! LOL!

cityfarmer said...

Makes a darling living space!!


It screams "come on in"

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Living room is so sweet! Love the sofa...is it slipcovered?

Jenny said...

I'm sure you'll know what I'm going to write....
I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!! Love your decorating style as well!