Aug 18, 2007

Be Still my Shabby Heart


I know most people would look at this old piece of ceiling tin and think "WHY would you buy that?" ... Cuz I think it's fabulous!


Went yard saling this morning (after a rather late night) but so glad I did! The sale that I picked this up at was full of antiques. The husband and wife got into a fight while I was there as she was selling stuff really cheap and he caught wind of it. (I thought it was hilarious) His prices were a bit inflated so I was lucky to purchase a huge, old ledger book from her for a mere $3.00. I'm sure he would've charged upwards of $20.00 or more.


For the tin, I had to deal with him unfortunately. But his price was fair I guess. I love this piece because of the fleur de lys and the pearl-like detail which is swagged in between. You just don't see stuff like this anymore. I had hubby cut it into three pieces for me so they'll end up on ebay. I know there must be some shabby enthusiasts who will love it as much as I do!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm the shabby enthusiast who loves it as much as you do!!!

FiFi said...

You are so right! What a great find this is!I do love it!
Fifi

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Sounds like a very productive saling day! Love the ceiling tin!! xo, suzy

Lisa said...

That is so pretty! Are you selling any of your finds on Ebay? Have a great weekend! Lisa

Teresa said...

What a wonderful find!! Man, I would have snatched that up quick! Lucky you!

Teresa

Chunks said...

I love that tin! I could make snifty angel wings out of it! How much do you want for it?

Farmgirl Cyn said...

You just don't find "junk" like that anymore! Used to be, it was easy to come by. Not so nowadays. Too many of us "junk" lovers out there, i guess!

rebekka said...

Oh, I LOVVVVVVE it!

Catherine said...

It is fabulous!!
And so is your blog!!
I will be back!!
Great find~Be still my shabby heart!!;)