Aug 17, 2007

Junk for Joy!


Oh my, here I go again with another obsession - JUNK! Well, truth be told, I have always had an obsession for junk, I just didn't know what to do with it. Still don't really but there are others who use it in "mixed media" and "altered art". I admire these people because not only can they see the beauty in the ordinary they can transform it into something truly unique. And it keeps these old items out of landfill sites. Just check out this seller I found on Etsy.com - Opulent Oddities. I am in love with her stuff. She creates one-of-a-kind jewelry out of vintage found objects.

I am not talented in that sort of way so I just assemble junk into my own little "still life's". It makes me happy. And it drives hubby crazy.

As they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure"! :)

4 comments:

marylou said...

Junk you say?? Not so, they are TREASURES:-) I love all your displays as they are cleverly done and in good taste...like mine:-)
Wishing you a JOYous week-end.
Hug Life, Marylou

Lisa said...

Send me that pile of junk! Seriously, I love the still lifes also! your photography ROCKS!

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OMG I LOOOVE YOUR JUNK GIRL!

Jenny said...

I try and do the same...don't have quite the collection you do though!