Aug 15, 2007

MORE vintage finds!


I have had the best luck in finding bargains lately! Not just bargains, but interesting vintage finds - like this old thick glass TELEPHONE sign. I believe it is British as the second 'e' is underlined. Found it today when I was in V.V. and it does appear to be an original, not a reproduction. Up for sale on ebay! :)

I walked out of V.V. with quite a few things actually - including a fabulous vintage queen bed sheet, which is covered in the best pale pink roses, an old lace curtain with fringe, a cute little Easter vase and this sign. Funny how things go - I saw my sister-in-law on the way in and she said "Oh, there's nothing in there today..." Boy was she wrong! Truth be told I had great timing as I found the telephone sign and vase as they were just coming out on the floor. I should always be so lucky!

I have started making my old vintage hooks again. This one is my all-time favorite as the door plate is the shabbiest cream color. I think I'll keep it! ;) They're great for hanging up aprons, bathrobes, purses, dish towels - you name it. I have a stock-pile of these old glass knobs but sometimes the plates are hard to find - or too dear in price. I did get some at that huge barn flea market on Sunday but I have to paint them up as they are just plain brass. Blecchh! Give me silver any day ...


4 comments:

Mélanie said...

You have found a treasure !!Lucky you . I love your blog . I will come back soon .
Mélanie

Lisa said...

Are you selling those in your ebay store? I love them! Hope your day is great! Lisa

cityfarmer said...

It does go in spurts doesn't it....haven't been out for a while...trying to stick to a budget...AND if you know me at all, you know I have too much stuff..hehe

Good eye!

Casa Mia * My House * said...

Love your finds, how beautiful, I love vintage suitcases as well. I love your blog....cheers