Aug 14, 2007

Retro Lamps & Good Manners!


These retro lamps have so much personality, don't they? I picked them up at this huge barn flea market - the place was filled to the rafters, literally. They don't fit in with my style so I bought them to sell on ebay. As far as condition goes, they're minty mint mint - just the way I like 'em!

Yesterday the kids and I ventured states-side as Jack had money in his wallet and needed to get it out of there! Can I just say that I am not a good shopper? Shopping tires me out completely. The kids were great though and even let me have my time in a place called "Memory Lane" - a huge antiques store with many different sellers right in the mall. Best part of the day came when we were leaving the Dollar Store (Jack had already paid for his own items and was now walking to the truck) and the cashier said quietly to me "I just want to tell you that your son is very polite. I don't tell that to too many parents because you just don't see it anymore." My heart swelled and I thanked her for saying so. I have always said that my most important job is trying to raise well-rounded, respectful children so that comment sure made my day. He's polite even when I'm not there to remind him - woo-hoo!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love those lamps! So cool. Isint so true about kids? Does it seem like alot of them have no manners anymore? Way to go! Lisa :)

Lisa said...

I meant to say isint it so true! I am being a sloppy writer today! Lisa

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

WOW! You find the best things! Hope you make $$ selling them.


Congrats on having a fine son!