Aug 12, 2007

Saturday's Yard Sale Finds

I have a penchant for old suitcases - perhaps it's because I love travelling so much? Who knows, but I simply could not pass up these vintage beauties. Alligator or crocodile I believe - I love the warm brown color.


I grabbed this silver box, which was very tarnished, and asked the price. "One dollar." the crusty man said. "Sold!" I replied. I could not love it more!



I also got this lovely carpet from the 1930's for a whole five bucks.


I hadn't been yard saling in a while so I was pleased with my finds. My sister Melody, who joined me, was looking for a tent. We didn't think we'd find one but at the second-to-last stop, there it was - all set up even! A perfect end to a perfect morning. :)

5 comments:

Chunks said...

You have amazing luck and taste when it comes to thrift-shopping! It's incredible!

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

Your yardsale finds are great! Don't ya love a bargin. I love everything you got.

Lisa said...

So lovely! I also have vintage luggage and when opened has a fantastic aged smell! The silver piece is TDF!

Jenny said...

I want to go yard saling with you!

Gretchen said...

What great finds!