Aug 22, 2007

Spring Cleaning in August

Barb came over today and we tackled (insert scary music here) THE BASEMENT. Our basement includes a rec room for the kids, my craft room, a bedroom and hubby's workroom. I swear he and I cleaned the basement, I mean, really cleaned it, about 6 months ago. Well, somehow a tornado whooshed through there since that time and it was a disaster I have been avoiding like the plague. I mean there was stuff EVERYWHERE.


When Jack had a science fair project due back in April hubby and him went into my precious craft room and sullied it with all of their ugly, nasty tools. Since then, the spiders had set up condos in every nook and cranny and dust tumbleweeds were billowing across the floor.

It was time. Time to reclaim my domain!

And so I did. I'm lovin' it so much I might stick a cot in there! It took us 3 hours but we cleaned the whole basement, well except for hubby's work room which is still a disaster - and now even more so now that we dragged everything in there. (!)


I relocated all of my precious "junk" into my craft room and now just have to figure out what to do with it. :) For now it makes me happy just to look at it.




5 comments:

Chunks said...

Your craft room is enviable!! I love it!

Connie :) said...

Um, how much time have I spent in your house and I've NEVER seen this gem of a room! Love it!

Sandy said...

Good job, Joy!
I've been trying to hit a few projects here and there ...
Sandy

Julee Ann said...

Thank you for your nice comments about my daughter's wedding over at cityfarmer. I've always envied all the stranger-friends that dish out such complimentary comments. It's like a sisterhood and starting today I'm aiming to join the ranks. It truly is a small small world, after-all. Julee

Sadie Olive said...

I love that "fowl and chicken" sign! Cute Cute!