Sep 22, 2007

Birdcage Makeover & Deals of the Day

No sooner than when I started decorating my new birdcage for Halloween did I think how cute it would look all dolled up for Christmas....typical Gemini I am! I added some old crocheted lace around the middle of the cage...


...and then dressed it up with some old crystals too...

I also hung some old keys around the outside...inside sits a straw pumpkin on a pedestal.


... A vintage style tag that I made up and a tiny bottle of old flowers adorns the top.



On now to deals of the day!

It was a beautiful day here for yard saling, actually quite warm. The deals were absolutely phenomenal! Take for instance these two old small concrete urns. Heavy as the day is long. I paid 50 cents each for them. Felt like I was stealing!


I bought the old red stool for my sister-in-law's birthday. (her birthday is not until May but I know she'll love it so I'll tuck it away in the basement til then) The tray with glads on it is actually a very sturdy breakfast tray. It is vintage and pretty much mint. Still has original tag on back. I am embarrassed to say how much I paid for this. O.K. fine - a quarter. What are people thinking???!!!


You think that would pretty much cover it for my deals of the day, huh? Well, I've got one more for you. Two, actually! At the yard sale where I bought the urns, they were THROWING these hand made wooden pink flamingos to the trash so I got the pair for FREE. What I am going to do with them, I have no idea but I could not bear to think they were going to the dump!

13 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

My mom and dad had urns like that when I was little. They're beautiful and not until I saw yours did I remember theirs. HMMMM, wonder if they still have them. Love all the rest of your finds. The tray is darling.

Love,
Julie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

that is adorable and the key and bottle are great touches!!!!

Robolady said...

Great Birdcage transformation, you are so creative. Love the red stool, and all your finds are great.

Arlene said...

Love the birdcage transformation, and you sure did score big on the finds today!

Brenda said...

Found your page at Nunnies. Very nice.

Jenny said...

Great finds! I love the red stool!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

gorgeous transformation!! love it!!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Stick the flamingos in the garden! I have a couple of funky flamingos sitting among the roses here!

Chunks said...

I tried to make you go to rehab but you say no no no....

hehee. Great finds! I can't wait to see what you do to that birdcage for Christmas!

HomemakerAng said...

lovin the cage makeover! LOVE WILBUR MORE!

Lisa said...

That's some transformation. gives me lots of ideas!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I love your birdcage!! SO cute!! I am seeing your Christmas vision too!! lol

Great finds and such a cute little red stool. Heather

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

That birdcage is adorable!!!Love everything.