Sep 14, 2007

Deal of the Day

I happened across a yard sale today and saw this gorgeous grate hanging on the wall in the garage, above the tables they had filled with rather forgettable items. Of course I am the one who always wants the things that are inevitably not for sale but I didn't think it would hurt to ask. (my new motto!)


The lady told me that, no, it wasn't for sale. As I perused a little more however she changed her mind, looking up at it and asked me how much I would be willing to pay her for it. Well, that's a tricky question. So I put it back on her.

Me - "Well, how much do you want for it?"

Her - "Five dollars."

Me - "Umm, o.k.! That's fair with me!"

The middle section is actually removable. It's a keeper, I don't think I can part with it....


:)

8 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That is really gorgeous! And a great price!
:)
Where do you think you will put it?

Chunks said...

My husband gets MORE DAMN DEALS just by asking for them! It's embarassing sometimes but I'm also learning how to ask for the deal.

Yeah, where are you going to put it?!

Joy said...

Umm, dunno yet. I think it will end up on the wall. :)

Jenny said...

I have a great idea where it should go...in a box sent my way!LOL

Nunnie's Attic said...

Never hurts to ask I guess. Good for you! Gotta love when a bargain presents itself.

Love,
Julie

marylou said...

Darn you Joy:) We just don't have any good garage sales around here. I am in the Bay area of California, maybe 30 miles south of San Francisco. I think my neighborhood has new young families so their old stuff is too new if that makes any sense. Good for you!! Love your new treasures.
Hugs, Marylou

Wanda said...

Ack! $5.00?! Wow! You're right! Never hurts to ask. Love it!

Lisa said...

Great deal. It's beautiful. It'll be interesting to see how you end up using it.