Sep 15, 2007

On The Junking Trail...

Went yard saling today although it was dark and dreary - and cold! Didn't think I would fare well but you just never know. So, Wilbur and I took off with a hot coffee and lots of small change.



Picked up all of these items (save for the brass stamp holder) at one sale. Brought them all home in the tongue and groove wooden in-box that I scored for two bucks and look how cozy everyone looks in there!

Find of the day goes to this beauty below. A vintage pale blue ticking eiderdown comforter filled with feathers. Did one of those comic double-takes when I saw it. It's huge - and is it ever heavy!




Vintage roses on ticking - a shabby girl's dream! *Update - my sister thinks it may be a feather bed - that you would lay on it instead of under it...???

13 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Oh my!! A shabby girl's dream indeed!!
It's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

cityfarmer said...

Oooooh I haven't been sailing for weeks...SOON...I'm inspired....

love from Joy (aka) cityfarmer

Wanda said...

You "dun good", girl! What's that in the back of the box? The orange-ish rectangle with the girl's picture in the center. Looks very pretty from here.

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Oh I LOVE your beautiful finds!!! That eiderdown is amazing!!!!

LOVE your blog...going to add you to my list so that I don't forget to come back and visit!

Heather

Robolady said...

Love the way those items look there in that tray. What great finds.

Kerrie said...

Oh!! You go on cold, dark and dreary days...thats been my problem..
You have great taste and an eye for detail...LOVE your finds..

Nunnie's Attic said...

Very Chic! Loving that blanket...

Love,
Julie

Junk 2 Jewels said...

Well that sure turns a dreary day into a bright one! Love your finds.
Tracy

Farmgirl Cyn said...

That's like, my favorite shade of blue!

Jenny said...

So pretty!!

chatrine said...

Thank`s for visiting my blog:) You are welcome to visit me anytime:) I am noe going to explore your blog:)
I wish you a nice evening!
Love Chatrine:)

Teresa said...

Sweet! What great finds. The vintage ticking comforter is fantastic.

Teresa

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Joy, that is such a great find! A lovely eiderdown, and the ticking is gorgeous.

Looks like you have met lots of great gals! :)
Lidy