Oct 30, 2007

Channelling Mr. Furley

Remember Mr. Furley on Three's Company? Remember that look he'd get when he was proud, he'd scrunch his face up, snort a little and almost strut like a peacock? Well, I can't help it but that's ME this morning...

I'm pullin' a "Mr. Furley"!


Check it out...Kim from Today's Creative Blog, a blog I absolutely love, has featured ME! 'Lil 'ol me!



This is a blog I visit every day because Kim scours the internet to find great wonderful and interesting blogs to feature. She does all of the work! If you know of a blog that you think should be featured be sure and visit her right here and tell her so! I am so proud to have that blinkie on my blog, I can't tell ya. :)

O.K. I am putting the last touches on my Halloween costume. I have forbidden Janet to come by my blog today as we always take our kids out together and I like to surprise her. Yes, I am going as "Miss Guided" and I hope to serve my nation well....



And now let's fast-forward Halloween and get straight to Christmas. Remember my autumnal birdcage? Well, the ornaments have taken over! This is such a easy decorating idea. This birdcage opens from the top so I just added some silver tinsel to the bottom and filled it full! I added some of my vintage-style ornaments to the outside...



...and I took this old chandelier prism and trimmed it with real silver glass glitter. I am a firm believer in using chandelier prisms in everything!



Oh no, Santa's in the slammer! This is a great way to keep your favorite ornaments safe where little hands - and paws! - can't get to them.



My 12 year old son does not have a costume yet and I have to go out and try to put something together. Do you know how hard it is to find a costume for a 12 year old, PICKY boy...the day before Halloween? Clearly I have not thought this through. Wish me luck!


17 comments:

jessi nagy said...

congrats!!! that is so cool. you deserve it. i love your blog!
can't wait to see your costume tomorrow!
have a great day! you deserve it.
jessi nagy

Funky Finds said...

found your blog through this post...so glad to have found your fabulous "junk"! my friends just named their dog mr. furley!

megduerksen.typepad.com said...

i am here from kim's blog...congrats.
i spent some time here yesterday but ran out fo time to comment. it's a beautiful site. you have such pretty things. i love looking at all your creations. you can never have too much sparkle.
i will be back often. thanks for sharing.
last night my 12 year old (girl) asked me what she should be for halloween. 1 day before?
have a fun time trick or treating.
-meg

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OMG I sooooo want that birdcage full of yummies!!!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Congrats Joy!! Love your blog..you deserve it. Always such a fun read here.

Lovin that birdcage. I NEED to get me one of those. I was laughing about the 12 year old picky boy. you should have seen my 13 year old an I yesterday at the costume store!!! NOT a fun thing but finally decided after forever to go with the guy from the Matrix. Nothing is "cool" enough for him I tell you.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Congratulations! That's awesome, Joy! And you totally deserve a feature!!

Love,
Julie

Tara said...

Hi Joy! Lovely blog, I believe I ordered some goodies from you today, can't wait! I'm off to read now, so much talent!

Cheryl said...

You DO deserve it! And what a lovely display with the ornaments! Gorgeous! I just found your blog. So fun! Off to read some more...
hugs, cheryl

Jen r. said...

COngrats on your blog on "today's" . you're stuff is quite cool!
Jen R

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Great costume idea! Congratulations on Kim's blog, your blog is beautiful...going over there right now.
:)

Lidy

Korie said...

I came over from Today's Creative Blogger. Congrats!

Can't breathe. Love. Your. Art.

I have a dressmaker dummy who lives in my studio. Her name is Millie. Millie is SOOOO getting a Miss Guided sash to wear today. I love it!

Korie B.
http://www.wewillalwayshaveparis.com

chocolate girl said...

what a lovely blog :) I am off to visit your shop...wonder and joy abound in your treasures! i can't wait to return to see more!
hugs
shelbi

Korie B. said...

Joy,
Yes! Please! I'd love some help in getting the sash for Millie. I was going to make it, but if you know where I can find one.....

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Congratulations on your induction into the creative blogs! :-) You deserve it!

I do love that birdcage filled with ornaments. L-O-V-E.

xo,
Melissa

Sandy said...

What beautiful photos. I also checked your flickr photos. Such eye candy!

Carrie said...

Love the cage with the ornaments -- beautiful.
Carrie@ Oak Rise Cottage

Casa Mia * My House * said...

Congratulations, lovely birdcage...and the prisms....perfect touch!