Oct 4, 2007

Gifted

(Janet and me this summer)


I am so excited to announce that my best friend Janet has *just* started her own company Gifted - where she'll be selling uniquely designed gift baskets and collections online.

Janet has some serious talent going on and if you're in need of a speciality gift basket then she's the girl to call! It's all about the details for her ... if you have an idea, she will truly turn it into fruition for you. And probably better than you ever would have imagined! She's also just started a blog (what took you so long???!) so drop by and say hi!


I am always so happy to see women entrepreneurs online - the talent is amazing and always inspiring...so Janet, I wish you wicked success in your new business endeavor!

A big thanks to Julie from Nunnie's Attic! for hooking me up with the new signature at the end of my posts - thanks Julie! If you like, you can make your own signature here.


Our Thanksgiving in Canada is this weekend...I kind of like that it falls in October so we can catch our breath before the holiday (c)rush! I don't know how you American gals do it - your Thanksgiving is so close to Christmas! Anyway, I found these bowls at Value Village the other day. I am in love with them. If it possible to be in love with a bowl, than I am! Well, 2 bowls really. :) They are hand thrown and are really heavy. I wonder where on earth did they come from, what is their story? That is what I absolutely LOVE about shopping at thrift store - you just never know what you'll find!




I showed them to my brother yesterday and he said matter-of-factly "Those bowls do nothing for me." Well, to each their own I guess!


10 comments:

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Congratulations to your friend, I will check it out!

This is my first visit to you, saw your comment on Things That Inspire and thought I might like to visit you (I too appreciate beautiful blogs and inspiring things!). And I am happy that I clicked on over, I like your blog and you too!

Always so happy to meet other neat people,

Blessings,
Melissa

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Oh my gosh, I just noticed your sheep dog Wilbur! When I was a kid a neighbor had an Old English Sheepdog named Winston. I loved that dog and named my little Westie after him. There is something so lovably furry about sheepdogs!

Chunks said...

Your brother cracks me up!

Now, to see those bowls on their own, in Value Village, I imagine they are no big whoop. But seeing them in your home all shiny clean, they are spectacular!

Cool signature!

Jenny said...

Those bowls are fantastic!
A few years ago I was soooo excited that my hubby's grandmother gave me a vase that she had received as a wedding present. No one in the family likes them and I show it off proudly to everyone.
My husband is bold in his dislike of them..."they're f*en ugly!"
Should post a pic!
Enjoy your day and I'll most certainly check out your friend's blog!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Joy, thanks for stopping by to see me! How have I missed your wonderful blog up til now?? I just went back about 2 pages looking at all your old posts & I have to say, we have a lot in common with the yardsaling & thrifting. A girl after my own heart. Oh, my I just love all your finds & what you have done with them. I'm definitely adding your blog to my faves!

I love those bowls too. I wonder if your Value VIllage is the same as ours down here. Dept. store with lots of closeout stuff.

Please come back & visit me too. What a cutie your Wilbur is!

Rhoda

Nunnie's Attic said...

Congratulations to a new and aspiring woman of worth!

You are most welcome for the signature link. As I said, I came by it through Rhoda and I must admit, I just love it!

What does your brother know? I love those bowls. Tell him he can visit my brother if he wants. They'd probably have a lot in common!

Love,
Julie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Knowing men, your brother will love the bowls when they are filled with food!

Janet said...

Hey gul,

Thanks for the kind words about my fledgling little blog... much appreciated! Will be bugging you for blogger tips & tricks-- the whole thing is rather seriously confusing! Love your new siggy though... must check that out!!

Hugs & thanks,
J.

Shabbyfufu said...

Thank you Joy for your sweet post on my blog:-). You two girls are gorgeous...how nice to have a best friend in the same biz! Best of luck to your friend with the new venture.

A Fanciful Twist said...

I adore the bowls!! And yay for your friend!! You are such a doll!!