Oct 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Jackie!


I can't remember whose blog I found this on but it certainly fills the bill with me today. I had to fight the urge to go back to bed on this dark and rainy day and coffee is the only thing that saved me!



A very nice gal, Laurie from
Tip Junkie emailed me this morning to say she had featured the Hope Jar on her blog. How sweet! Here, in her own words is the premise of her blog:


"I'm going to try to do most of my Christmas Shopping with my fellow bloggers this year. Please leave a comment if you make or sell a product! I'll post it on my blog and Newsletter for everyone to see."


What a great idea, huh? I am bookmarking her right now as I just know I will be purchasing a lot of my Christmas gifts online from the comfort of my home, in my jammies and wooden shoe slippers.



(Hubby hates them ~ Wilbur loves them)


I mean, really, why fight the crowds to do your holiday shopping when you can find everything online?


Did you see Marie Osmond faint on DWTS last night? The poor thing, I think everyone thought she was kidding. She was so out of breath after her dance that I think she just hyper-ventilated too much. She has said publicly (whether she was joking or not, I don't know) that she has been starving herself for this competition and I'm sure that would have a lot to do with it as well. It's a live show and I guess anything can happen, but it sure was a shock to see. I'm really enjoying the show this season as all of the couples are very talented. Well, almost all ... I guess all the money in the world can't buy everything!... ;)


12 comments:

Wanda said...

My daughter called me and told me to turn the TV on that Marie had just fainted. Of course, they didn't have an instant replay, so I missed it. I'll just have to catch it on The Soup or Best Week Ever.

I'd love to do all my shopping on line, too. Right now. Get it over with. But some of my folks are so difficult, they just get money. I wonder if they realize they're that hard to please.... I mean shop for?

Nunnie's Attic said...

First, I forgot to comment on your new look on the right post. Forgive me. I love it!!

Secondly, I think it's a great idea people shopping via blogging friends. Hope some traffic comes our way!

Thirdly, poor Marie! I didn't see it so thanks for sharing her infamous moment. She looked beautiful though didn't she, before the fall?

Love,
Julie

heidi said...

hey joy ~ thanks for your sweet comment on my blog ~ love yours! i'm not a coffee drinker, long hot showers are "my thing" to get me going in the morning! but that saying cracked me up!
love the idea of supporting fellow bloggers, thanks! the "wooden" clog slippers are great! xo, heidi

Kari & Kijsa said...

We couldn't believe it either...poor thing...thanks for the sweet comment on our post!

Have a blessed day!

kari and kijsa

LiLi M. said...

Hi! It's a small world after all...the other day I made a bid on ebay and didn't win those awesome vintage wallpaper pieces and now while bloghopping I meet you again. I'm dutch and you told me your parents are dutch too. Drinking coffee is a real dutch habit. I am not talking about those yellow slippers of course ;-). I will come back as it is way passed bedtime here, but I just wanted to leave a message and say goedendag!

melissa @ the inspired room said...

I had that coffee thing on my blog, I love that. So appropriate! :-)

I didn't see the fainting spell, poor dear. Must've been shocking! I'll have to watch it via the internet. You can't do anything awkward anymore without instant replay around the world!

I think that is a great idea to shop via the lovely bloggers!

Love your new look!

Melissa

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'll check out that blog. What a nice thing for her to do, there are so many generous bloggers out there.

The Paris Apartment said...

ok so i'm not the only one! your blog is looking REALLY good btw!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Joy, it looks fabulous! Your website, too...:)
hugs,
Lidy

Sandy said...

Hey, Joy ... wanted to say hi and I love your slippers!! :)
I also fixed the boo boo on that post, thanks for the tip!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Joy, I plan on doing most of my Christmas shopping on line too. Even with the cost of shipping it beats driving all over town. I am a huge fan of DWTS too. I really thought Marie was just kidding around at first. I jumped up and ran to tell my husband what had happened. And I was so surprized she was back for her score. What a trooper!

Rick said...

Funny - the coffe advert.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/