Oct 16, 2007

I Need To Clone Myself

Things have been so hectic around here this is what I feel like...


Yes, my sweet Ellie came to me like this while I was working on the computer yesterday. She's such a ham!

I've been doing a million and one things. I had to fill another order for "Grief" Hope Jars for
The Comfort Company. They have been carrying my Hope Jar since May and they have done very well on their site. (wish they would on mine!) That was great news though - the owner ordered 4 cases of jars! I feel great that my product is getting out there - whatever way possible.

What else have I been up to? Well, I was able to list some new wallpaper packs on Etsy...


I also had time to do a little shopping and picked up this lovely mercury glass apothecary jar at Winner's. Seriously, it makes my heart swoon.


I went to a huge auction sale on Saturday where a lot of people suffered from "MMTB" syndrome. Or what I like to call "More Money Than Brains". The prices sky-rocketed due to the provenance of the items. This was not an auction for me. I stood there for an hour with my jaw hanging down to the floor as many items fetched thousands of dollars a piece. It was quite the site. I was able to walk away with something though...this small chest of drawers.



Look honey, another place for me to stash my junk!


7 comments:

A Thing for Roses said...

What a bummer about the auction, but your dresser is so cute. I hope you didn't have to pay too much for it, because us junkers love a bargain. Hope your week settles down a bit for you.

Lisa

Cottage by the River said...

Joy- That is great about the jars!
The picture is very funny, kids! You can do a lot with that dresser. I am not allowed to bring one more furniture into this house or my husband said it was going to the curb. I am visiting your shop love the wallpaper.

Bristol

Carrie said...

Your little dresser is a lovely design -- glad you found something at that auction.

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow!! That picture of Ellie is just how I feel at times except I think I might feel like screaming. What a week. love the chest of drawers - great storage.
Alison

Chunks said...

I tried to make you go to rehab but you said no, no, no!

LOL!

I forgot you had kids! LOL!

Oh God, how I love to tease you!

Cottage said...

Congratulations on your Hope Jars selling so well!

Also, since 'junking' isn't curable and the best we can do is 'manage' the symptoms, I wanted to commend you on first recognizing the extreme degradation of MMTB and staying clear of the mass hysteria...and secondly, that you thought ahead enough to secure that fabulous chest for organization and storage thus making you truly an Over Comer.

Actually, obtaining the chest for organizational purposes cancels out any extravagance you might have committed unknowingly...much like breaking cookies cancels the calories hiding inside.

Good for you!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Joy,
Craziness stops by this house for a visit all of the time. Next time, ride together and save on gas!

So the auction wasn't the big success you'd hope. At least you found a cute little dresser...

Congratulations on your big sale. Fingers crossed for increased success.

Love,
Julie