Oct 29, 2007

It's 11:00 a.m. and I am STILL in my P.J.'s


Oh well, I am sacrificing for my art! lol


My mother had given me these rhinestone rings a while back and I knew I loved them but I had no idea what I was going to do with them...


Same for these vintage light reflectors. Heaven forbid I should use them for what they were intended - that would be too easy!...



So I fiddled and played with them and finally it came to me! Vintage Christmas tree decorations! And they came together like they were meant to be that way. They sparkle and shimmer beautifully in the light.



Some didn't want to have anything to do with the reflectors. That's o.k. To each their own. I like the way these are more simplistic...



...you know I had to sneak Paris in there somewhere!



So I am happily making these vintage beauties and now have a few listed in my shop.



23 comments:

Arlene said...

Beautiful, what a great idea!

melissa @ the inspired room said...

I love those decorations, those are so pretty! In fact, I love everything in your shop. I'm so new to blogging that I am also new to boutique shopping online, and all the beautiful things people make to sell this way. I am just amazed! I'm so happy to finally be figuring all this out! I can't believe all the things I've been missing! Where have I been?

Thanks for making beautiful things!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh Joy! Anything that sparkles is all right in my book! What a good idea!

Nunnie's Attic said...

I LOVE THEM!!

Love,
Julie

mgm said...

Those are BeaUtimus! I love the idea!

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

those are fabulous! Is staying in your jammies til 11am a bad thing?

IsabellaCloset said...

Joy, How pretty! I love all the bring.... Hugs, ~Mary~ :-}

jessi nagy said...

these rock!!!! love them.
jessi nagy

Joy said...

Thanks everyone!

PAT said...

Wonderful idea. These are beautiful!

Pat

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

Joy, You are my feature today!
Please email me for your blinkie to post on your blog.
:)
krjdemmon@comcast.net

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

oooh, that blinkie goes perfectly with your site. It was meant to be!
You're my new best friend too. :)

Simply Stork said...

these are so lovely...ohhh how creative you are! these are fab!
~simply stork~

Simply Me Art said...

Well, They are Beautiful.. I just went and Bought a few. We celebrate Haunukkah and I have lots of Silver and Rhinestone, perfect addition.. Your blog is Lovely and Sara did a Lovely job with the Design.Thank you, Jamie

Wanda said...

How clever! They're so pretty and you're so smart to have put them together!

Shannon said...

Found you through Today's Creative Blog. What great stuff. I just love what you did with the rhinestone rings! They are fabulous!

TamboinMO said...

I found you via "The Creative Blog"....wonderful things!!!
Now I'm headed over to check out The Hope Jar!

Jessica said...

precious stuff!

restyled home said...

These are simply stunning!! Well worth the potential embarrassment of someone ringing your doorbell, while your still in those jammies!!

Linda

Mrs. Jones said...

Oh, your blog is just glorious! I found you at Creative Blog . . . so glad I stopped by.

Cheryl said...

Delightful little lovelies!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love this idea, how beautiful!
Joy, this is a brilliant idea.
Lidy

Sadie Olive said...

Very pretty Joy! I love these! :)