Oct 12, 2007

More Linkage, Baby!

photo by Claudia Strasser


Although I've got a million things on the go right now I still feel The Hope Jar is my baby. I still need to nurture it. Starting a new business can be very scary and daunting. Will people like my product, will it sell? And one has to be patient and allow the product to be able to "grow" into the market place. I really do believe in my product though and that's a great feeling.

About a month or so ago I queried some online shopping blogs to feature The Hope Jar. (being a salesperson is not really my strong point, but hey - "you gotta do what you gotta do!") I thought my Pregnancy Hope Jar would be a lovely addition to BabyLuxe {daily} so I sent her a jar as a sample. Yesterday she featured me and like a proud Momma, I just had to share! :)

I want to thank all of you lovely ladies for leaving me comments, I can't tell you how much they mean! The one thing I hate about Blogger is not being able to reply to the comments when they come into my email inbox. I know this is possible through Typepad, but not through Blogger. Very frustrating. Anyway, please know that every single comment puts a big smile on my face. :)



Bought myself some nice things yesterday! This lovely pen came from Sadie Olive and I couldn't love it more! Feels great in the hand. Also bought this cute notepad at T.J. Maxx, each sheet has the initial J on it - the colors caught my eye. Sometimes we all need to treat ourselves!


When I drove the kids to school this morning I noticed tire tracks in our ditch - everything was all dug up. Someone drove into our ditch last night and completely took out one of our cedar trees! It's knocked over like it was done by a lumberjack. Very odd. Hope no-one was hurt. Wonder if I'll ever find out what happened?....

9 comments:

deb said...

Congratulations! I just visited your site and the Hope jars are just lovely. I'm miss preggo with twins so I'm thinking I may need one. :) I know what you mean about selling.. it's definitely not my strong suit either but I think sometimes you just connect with people and it's ok that you're not super selly anyway. At least that's how I see it.

Anonymous said...

How fantastic and congratulations on your Hope Jar. That is such great news.

Isn't the TJ Maxx stores the greatest. We have several in my area and I just love going to see what has shipped in.

Sandra

Cottage by the River said...

I love the Hope jars. Congratulations! I always want to take a leap and open my own shop. I always chicken out. So bravo for taking that step!!!
I hope you solve your tree mystery.
have a great weekend.

Bristol

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Joy, congrats on getting featured. And congrats on starting your own business. I've tossed that around myself with decorating & all, but have never really gotten things going. From what I can see, your idea is a great one, so keep with it & I bet it will take off.

Have a wonderful weekend!

RHoda

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Your new pen and pad are just scrumptious! :))

Casa Mia * My House * said...

Congratulations on getting featured!! really weird about your cedars??? very odd...

Nunnie's Attic said...

Congratulations Joy! That's fantabulous!! I love the jar and I wanted to win your giveaway so badly! But, I digress.

Sorry to hear about your tree...

Love,
Julie

LP Vintage said...

Hi Joy - Just found your blog today. I love your Hope Jars and your photos and your blog and your dog and your ephemera and vintage stuff - did I leave anything out? I want one of those pens from Sadie Olive too. Hope she has some left.

I'm also in Ontario, Canada. Are you near Toronto? We buy the same kinds of junk so I don't think I want to see you ahead of me at a Flea Market [smile].

I'm on Blogger also and find it frustrating not to be able to reply to comments, so I just add another comment instead.

Your blog is number 100 on my blog bookmarks! I just love the blog world. All the best with your new store!

Carrie said...

Congratulations on getting more exposure for your products. The Hope Jar is a fine product and should get more exposure. I love your new line of clipboards also.