Oct 8, 2007

Please Delete Me...


...LET ME GOOOOO!


It has occurred to me that I have close to 900 deleted items in my Outlook Express. That's a lot. I just can't let them all go because I KNOW as soon as I do, I will end up looking for some obscure information that can only be found in my deleted items folder. I should just bite the bullet and delete them all. Rip off that proverbial band aid! I'm wondering, how high do YOU let your deleted items get to before you feel that tightening in your chest?


Some of you may be wondering why there was no "Deal of the Day" post on Saturday. There were hardly any yard sales posted in the paper and it was raining so I just stayed put. Hubby on the other hand, ventured out to go truck shopping approx. an hour from where we live. Jack tagged along to keep his Daddy company. They had lunch, checked out some trucks and then unbeknownst to me went to one of our favorite antique stores in the area. This is what they came home with:



A penguin.


That spits out water. Well, a penguin "fountain" I guess. The only thing going for it is that it is vintage. I'm hoping it will grow on me. Hubby suggested we hook it up by the sink and use it as a water dispenser. I told him no, I do not want to drink water that comes directly out of a penguin's beak. Men!


We had a lovely Thanksgiving supper yesterday - literally stuffed ourselves full. We had turkey, prime rib, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, turnips, carrots, salad, 3 different kinds of gravy and we would have had stuffing - had I remembered to make it! (woops!) I also made the cake that's on the cover of Country Living this month - it was very good and quite easy to make. Hubby got a kick out the red wine that I chose for him...


I'm not a red wine snob - I mean, drinker! But apparently it was very good. :)


11 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

I used to be like that, sorta. I used to keep things for EVER in my inbox. But once I trashed it, I trashed it. I am getting better at deleting emails but I'm still a pack rat so to speak. Trash it baby! Feel the release!

Love,
Julie

rebekka said...

Haha! That is a yummy wine ;)

Jennifer Froh said...

I LOVE deleting my "deleted" emails (and my "sent" emails for that matter!) it's so refreshing. I feel like I've just cleaned house or something! Do it! you won't regret it!

Cottage said...

I know just what you mean! Yesterday I was looking at the delete folder, it was at 909. Hello, do I even think I could FIND something in all that?

Tell ya what...I'll delete mine and you delete yours and if you're like me, once the kids ask you a question you'll forget you even did it.

Ok, here we go....

Joy said...

O.K. I did it!

...now just watch, tomorrow I will need to find something and it will be gone!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I do not ever let my deleted items pile up.... I delete every time I log out of my email :))) Go for it! You will feel so much better!

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! So funny about that wine! lol!!

Heather

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Oh I just read that you did it!! YAY! I can't believe you saved that many! hehe

Jenny said...

I've seen that wine but haven't tried it...will be doing so!
That penguin is something else...would be cute in the garden.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Joy, I love those little items your hubby picked up. The penguin..I'm with you on that one! Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving..funny to be saying that already, as we'll be celebrating next month. What a funny wine name!

Thanks for coming by to see my bargains! I look forward to seeing all of yours too, it's fun comparing what we all find out there.

Rhoda

the feathered nest said...

Every time I see that wine I think of Austin Powers :-) I delete daily and put in a folder anything I think I might need to refer to in the future. Happy Thanksgiving!

Manuela

Paul said...

lol fat bastard.... JAMIE would call that PAUL's wine!!!