Oct 3, 2007

Junk for Joy! Shabby Clipboards

I have been creating up a storm here with my vintage wallpapers! Up for sale in my Etsy shop will be these shabby clipboards which can make work seem a little less drab.

I've used old Scrabble pieces to spell out TO DO on the top of this one and have used original vintage wallpaper for the backing. The featured old pastel flower wallpaper is a copy of the original.



This one features a crown motif!




This one I called Memories of Paris - I just love the old pink wallpaper. (this one is SOLD! Thanks E!) I added some vintage cream-colored buttons to the top.





They hang nicely on the wall and also look cute with vintage photos and ephemera on them. They also can be personalized with different embellishments. :)

This one has a more european feel...




This one I made for me!




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these-- you're brilliant, but then I already knew that!

;)

J.

Nunnie's Attic said...

They're beautiful! Now in my limited creativity, I would have never thought of embellishing a clip board. How do you come up with these ideas??

Love,
Julie

Sandy said...

Anything with Scrabble pieces works for me! he he (I love Scrabble). Great ideas!
BTW, how is Wilbur?
Sandy

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Love your clipboards Joy! I was browsing your etsy... you have the BEST stuff!!!

xo Heather

Robolady said...

These are wonderful ideas. Hope you sell a lot of them.

Wanda said...

Oh, my! I love those!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Joy,
I just saw your comment and I wanted to post the link before I went to bed tonight and totally forgot tomorrow. Go to: www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_6.php and just start at the very beginning. It is so simple. Rhoda has the instructions written out though on her post a few days ago. But I really don't think you'll have a problem. Believe me when I say if I could do, ANYONE can.

Love,
Julie

Alison Gibbs said...

What fabulous clipboards. Problem being - no one is going to want to cover up the fabulous backboard.
Alison

Monica said...

Very nice! Love the added scrabble tiles!

Jenny said...

Very talented!!!
Today I showed Scott your recent purchase...he was equally impressed. Someday I will travel back East to spend a few days hitting the flea markets and such! (oh and maybe visit the odd relative!)
Keep on with the creativity!

cityfarmer said...

Wishin I had time for the tiny little details such as these.


you are so sweet

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh my those are beautiful!!! You do need to get into the swaps it would be wonderful to see what you came up with for the different themes. You'd be fantastic.

Chunks said...

Okay, you have to explain how you did this/came up with this idea. Do you adhere the wallpaper to the clipboard? Do you glue it? Do you moisten it? The crafter in me needs to know how.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

So very pretty! And how clever of you. I can see now that I won't need to step one foot in any store for my Christmas shopping. Everything's all right here.

The Paris Apartment said...

you really ARE a genius, are you still working for NASA? I mean, who would have thought of this? they're fantastic! by the way i blogged about the Hope Jar today, check it out!
xo