Oct 9, 2007


This is what greeted me when I looked out the window this morning. I felt blessed. It was the largest rainbow I think I have ever seen in my life. (the picture only shows half of it!) I love rainbows. Who doesn't love rainbows? It's like a direct message from God to you. :)


I found this great old ice bucket today at V.V. (Value Village) Vintage hammered aluminum and insulated too - fabulous! The kicker? Roses on the lid. Yes! Up for bids on ebay...


Made another vintage style clipboard for my Etsy shop - this one has the prettiest pink roses and pale blue ribbon. I've got mine hanging in the kitchen with a vintage recipe card on it. :)


My heart is so heavy for my best friend
Janet. Today her beloved dog Izzy (who they rescued 11 years ago) was struck by a car and had to be put down due to her injuries. Hugs your way Jan...


6 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Well, first I want to say that your picture of the rainbow is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

But, now having 'met' Janet, I feel even worse than I would if I hadn't. The decision to put my German Shepherd down was the hardest one I have ever had to make. I feel her pain. If you talk to her, please give her a big animal-loving hug for me and tell her that she's in my prayers.

Love,
Julie

Cottage by the River said...

Love the clipboard and ice bucket.
That truly stinks for your friend. We had to put down a greyhound we rescued because he had liver failure. The only solice I had was that he would not suffer anymore. My thoughts are with your friend.
Bristol

A Fanciful Twist said...

Oh, silence. Huge to Jan as well. SO sad...

On a lighter note, My initials are V.V. so I had to giggle... You have a really good VV. We don't have such a good one... xoox (love the bucket lemonade photo!!!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

What a beautiful rainbow! I am so sorry to hear of your friends dog. I can imagine the grief she must feel today :(

Just love all of your etsy goodies...had to treat myself to one of those tin squares!!

xo

cjan said...

Hi Joy, From one Canadian clear on the other side of Canada. BC., to you. I saw your post on Fifi's Blog. Enjoyed reading yours as well. We had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday too.
Love your clipboards! Also, what a beautiful picture of the Rainbow. it's God's promise to us!!
Hugs,
Jan

the feathered nest said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your friends dog! We had to do samer in March with our Cocker Spaniel and I know hard it all is. Hugs to them.

Beautiful picture of a rainbow. I haven' seen one in ages. Well we hardly ever seem to get any rain these days!

Manuela