Oct 18, 2007

Thursday's Thrift Store Finds

This post is dedicated to some of my fellow junkers! I love going to their blogs to see what treasures they have found.

Margo over at RoboLady always has fabulous ideas on her blog. Rhoda, a new blogging friend from Southern Hospitality always has the best finds and great pics too! I'm lovin' another new junking blog I found just recently - called fresh vintage. These are just a few of my fav's for today. Don't want to link you all out or anything!


...Do I need another bottle? Well, yes, if it looks like this!
(rehab-schmehab Chunks!)

So here's the haul- all this found on the way to do groceries...

The old white wooden box was $1.00, as was the glass jar with old decal on it. Oh, that's two jars for today! I love the little tin trays - they were made in Japan and have hangers on the back of them - I'm going to transform them into Christmas decorations of some sort. I just noticed that everything matches in this photo - weird how that happens, huh?


Check out the vintage buttons I found at V.V! Glass with pink roses in 'em. *Heart* ... *Swooning* ... I'll put them up on ebay later...


And to think I slightly hesitated over this one...a huge piano scarf/shawl/tablecloth - whatever it is! It's gorgeous with it's vivid pink and red roses and long black fringe. Not exactly my style though so it'll go up for bids too.


If you haven't already, don't forget to enter my Blogiversary draw below!


10 comments:

Julee Ann said...

Rehab, shmehab! Too funny.
Joy,
I know it may not be politically correct to use people that have commented on my blog to spread the Word, but my daughters have inspired me to get involved. Check out Africa '08 on my sidebar and do what you can to help us spread the word, one blog at a time. Thank you!

P.S. I've never been politically correct before, so I figure, why start now.

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

I wanna go thriftin' with you girl!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Great finds! I especially love the buttons!

Diana

Nunnie's Attic said...

Everything is so cute. You're keeping that bottle aren't ya?? Somehow I don't see it ending up on Ebay...

Love,
Julie

Holly Woods said...

Hi Joy,
You darling.
I am the one who commented on your mexican vacation.
And other things, like my love of Mr. Wilbur. Is he jumping on the trampoline yet?
I love the buttons on the post.
Super cute.
I am soon to open my own blog page.
I hope you will stop by when I am open! Holly

Carrie said...

You really hit the jackpot today with some great finds!

Jenny said...

Oh...how excited I was when I quickly clicked on your links to those newfound bloggers.
I am dedicating my early afternoon tomorrow to sit back and blogsurf.
Yay!!
Great finds!!

A Fanciful Twist said...

Well, your giveaway treats are on their way. Please tell me when they arrive. I hope they don't get stuck in customs...

You are so totally delightful and your treasures, so wonderful!! xxo
By the way, your liquor bottle, I have it filled with liquor and sip every now and then. Mr. Lovee says it tastes like cough medicine.. hee heee (I think it is yummy though)

mgm said...

ya always find the schtuff! ummm I was crazy over that leather set you found not too long ago for 100?????????????????????? lucky you!

Chunks said...

Y'all are a bunch of enablers! LOL!