Nov 12, 2007

Monday Musings

As I've always said, it doesn't take much to make me happy. I came across this cast iron frame at a thrift store on Friday, it has no back to it - just the frame. I love the lines of it and decided to just hang it as-is. It fits perfectly in this window niche.



I hit the mother-load of old milk caps! Love the time-worn linen color on these. I decided to stamp them up and use a hole punch to make tags out of...I especially love the crowns because I can place a little glue on the tips and then sprinkle them with silver glitter! I'll probably list some in my shop...



Fake it til you make it baby! I am always looking for items with a European flare but they are hard to find here. I did get this old drawer yesterday and turned it into something Parisian...all I did was take the little paper label out and stamped it with one of my favorite Paris stamps. Voila! Old world charm.


I have to day a BIG heartfelt thank-you to Alicia at
Time Worn Style as she gave me this award yesterday:


Check out her blog, it's filled with tons of eye candy from Australia! Now, I am to give this award to two other bloggers. So I pass this honor on to Lidy from
French Garden House and
Julie from
Nunnie's Attic. Both have been sweethearts to me!

O.K. I must go now as I think I have a migraine coming on - I can't focus and I am seeing little silver threads. Ugh, although I have a million things to do, I think a dark, quiet room may be in order...


11 comments:

Robolady said...

All of those ideas are so cute. I never thought of making the milk tops into labels, what a great idea. Love the frame, i'm a sucker for empty frames too, and that paris label is to die for. Hope you are feeling better soon.

RoxRocks said...

Oh oh, not a migraine! I feel for you Joy.
Your doodads are delightful!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Oh Joy, Thank YOU! You are so sweet to honor me with this award, and now you probably have a migraine. ack. I am so sorry. what a bother. Hope you are soon feeling much much better, take good care of yourself.
hugs,
Lidy

TamboinMO said...

I just love coming here and seeing what you are up to. Loving the way you take the ordinary and make it extraordinary!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great idea with the frame. It looks great in the window.
Alison

Nunnie's Attic said...

Oooh yuck, migraines! I hate them with a passion and unfortunately I can feel your pain!

Thank you so much for my award! You're so sweet Joy. I really appreciate it. I love coming over and seeing what you're creating next. Stealing an idea or two, wink! Just kidding. I don't have a talented bone in my body. Thank you again honey!! I love it!!

Love,
Julie

PAINT MINE PINK said...

I cant believe those are milk bottle tops. We have nothing like that here and i dont remember if we ever did. Oh man, they are awesome!
And i love that frame!

xo Shannon

congrats on the award from our lovely Alicia :)

Sherry said...

I feel for you with the migraine Joy..I've just spent 3 days with a massive sinus headache. Rest those eyes and find the darkness to soothe yourself.

Your goodies are delictible..I love the frame just as it is...it's a work of art on it's own. And what you did what that drawer?!? So brilliant!

cindy said...

Love the milk tops with crowns. Too cute.

restyled home said...

Oh boy, nothing worse than a nuclear headache...except for maybe a toothache...

I love those milk caps. I picked up a few pretty ones a while back, but have never seen ones with crowns...where did they originate from?

Hope you are feeling better,
Linda

Lana said...

Dear Joy, I hope you are better by now ~ migraines are NOT fun.
Ohhh! I see we have a love of old and worn in common! Iam bookmarking your blog so I can come back to see more. Have a lovely evening.