Nov 19, 2007

German Christmas Overload!


O.K. the weekend is over and I am back in the saddle! Here are some of the treasures I picked up at that German Market I mentioned on Saturday...

I just fell in love with these old advent calenders. They're new/old stock and are stamped made in GDR. (German Democratic Republic) Can I just say that vintage German Christmas decorations, etc are the BEST? They bring back so much nostalgia.

Anyway, these advent calenders are super neat because they are re-fillable and can be used year after year - just fill them with whatever your little heart desires! I have close to 20 of these and I will be listing them in my shop today.


One of them still had the actual vintage presents in them!


These are the boxes that the nutcrackers came in. I bought a small nutcracker which came in the small box and the gentleman gave me the bigger, empty box as a bonus. He couldn't believe I wanted it to decorate with. The little ornament he kindly threw in for free too...well, I did spend tons of money at his booth so I suppose he was buttering me up!


This little angel is so delicate, hand made and vintage as well. Very tiny - only 2" tall. I'll lose this baby in no time!


I got three box sets of these handmade wooden angel ornaments in their original box. They're so cute blowing their trumpets and have the cutest gold crowns on their heads. I'll keep one box and sell the other two...


I also got this vintage wooden decoration. Four candles sit atop of the bridge. The details are amazing and the fact that these came in their original vintage boxes just floored me.



The gentleman who was selling these wares also sells wholesale and I hope he has lots more to choose from! I'm a vintage girl at heart...


12 comments:

Kari & Kijsa said...

Wow- what fabulous finds! Love those advent calendars- a special tradition we carry on from our youth to our children at our homes. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Vintage Tea said...

I love the advent calendars, when I was younger I never liked chocolate so the choc filled calenders in stores never appealed to me and mum was always making something different for me... how perfect these would've been!

Victoria

RoxRocks said...

Joy, you're always finding the neatest things!

Janet said...

Wow gul, you sure hit the German mother-lode! Love it *all*!

J.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what wonderful things you bought.
Alison

Robolady said...

Yes, the inventors of the Christmas tree really know what they are doing when it comes to Christmas. Great Items Joy. Glad you got the keychain, it took long enough don't ya think.
Margo

restyled home said...

Wow, Joy, where do you find these treasures?? I wish I lived nearby so I could join you on your shopping trips!!
Guess I better head over to your shop again to see all your goodies...!!

Linda
xox

Amy said...

I so wish I had the shopping that you do where you are...of course I probably do, but my tiny brain just does not see the potential in things that you do...wow...I love coming here because there is always so much eye candy...

Sondra said...

Ok - so your post on Wilbur cracked me up. Poor guy...my dog's naughty, too! He humps your leg EVERY time you turn your back. Not sure what's worse?!?! I'm loving how the pram wheels turned out!!!

Wanda said...

What fun Christmas decorations you got! And the calendar with the toys still in it is just great!

I didn't know what GDR meant. Actually, as much as I've seen, I don't recall ever seeing it before.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

the old German Christmas stuff is always the best! You got some goodies.

Mélanie said...

I love this christmas calendar . in french we call it calendrier de l'avent