Nov 6, 2007

Is it Hot in Here?

...Or is it just me?


Yes, it's that time of year where you just don't know HOW to dress as it is freezing cold one minute and "wait-I've-got-to-get-this-sweater-OFF-me" warm. You know the feeling, huh ladies?

That's where these hand knit babies come in handy! All the look of a great fabulous Fall scarf with none of the bulkiness or heat. I mean, I love scarves as much as the next girl but sometimes I feel like I'm getting strangled by them....


I've added some more of these handy handkerchief scarves to my website under New Treasures. What I love about them is that they're extremely light weight but still give you the look of a chic scarf. They're not bulky as they're shaped like a handkerchief and button in the back. Whenever you go inside, you can simply un-do the button and stick it in your purse!


My "evil twin" in black was forced to model this one...


My antique sheet music books are falling apart but I love them so! They're a pair so I just tied them up with ribbon and added a rhinestone ring. Now I can enjoy them in a different way...

...sitting out on a table as "art."

9 comments:

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Those look so cozy! And your evil twin is looking good!

How is Wilbur? :-)

xo,
Melissa

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Joy
Ha! yes that makes perfect sense you summer in Canada and winter in Australia for your summer lol!! I do love it here but because we are in mountain country we do have rather english weather so I get a bit tired of the longer cold season. Mind you we have potential bush fires in Summer here so its an interesting part of the world! OOps sound like a bit of a whinger dont I lol. Nah wouldnt change it for the world!
Just loved visiting your blog by the way, I will be checking back on a regular basis! Love those scarves by the way, may have to think ahead to winter after all!!

Sherry said...

Joy, those are oh so chic, oh so stylish!! Gorgeous!!!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

So pretty!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Those look so cozy and comfortable! Although, I'm freezing my fat patootie off all of the time now. And it's starting to get on my nerves.

If you haven't already, be sure and drop by for my giveaway! I'm trying to catch up on blog reading and haven't been able to read my own comments!

Love,
Julie

Beth Leintz said...

Your hankerchief scarf is a great idea- very stylish- are they knit?

Love your sheet music journal solution- that marbled paper is SO PRETTY!

RoxRocks said...

I have hotflashes all the time EXCEPT when I'm out in the cold. Go figure!

Your evil twin shot is GREAT!

Cheryl said...

So gorgeous!!! You evil twin looks lovely! ;)

Wanda said...

Ahk! Now, why didn't I think of that?! Tying up an old book with pretty ribbon.

The scarves are wonderful. And I'm very envious of your evil twin's flat tummy and overall thinness. Hrmph.