Nov 23, 2007

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like...

Christmas.

I think I jinxed myself. I made a comment over on the fabulous V.V.'s blog stating that we had no snow here and poof! The next day, we got SNOW. And lots of it!


The kids were thrilled as it was a snow day (we had ice rain too so the buses were cancelled) They went out 4 times to play outside, then they'd come in because they were soaking wet, wait for their stuff to dry and head back out again. They love it. Wilbur is a bit confused. This is only his second winter and was bewildered in the morning when everything outside was now covered in white. I wonder what goes through that little mind...


I had to laugh at my daughter the other day. I bought her a skirt for the holidays and she tried it on, twirled around and said "But Mom, there's a crack in the back..." I replied, "No, Elle that's not a crack, that's called a slit."

Kids. :)


8 comments:

SoCal Muchacha said...

Despite being a Seattle-born gal, I grew up in "usually snowless SoCal", so I LOVE seeing your snow pictures, chica! Love, love, LOVE them! Yes, I could drive an hour up to the mountains to find some, but with gas at $3.37 a gallon I'd rather just hop over here and do a little "cyber snow play", although I think Rudy would opt for the real stuff. ;) I can only imagine what HE would think about snow since he's never experienced it...hmmmmm....

Love the "crack" comment...priceless! :)

RoxRocks said...

Snow...here too. Ahhh winter. It never fails, as soon as it's mentioned, it comes.

That's funny about the crack skirt! Kids!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I just love snow days! We too have snow in ND.

A Fanciful Twist said...

NO NO NO!!!! That is how I feel. So unfair so unfair. Pppplease, please snow Gods, listen to me! Hahahaaa, Well, I'm not really that devlish, but I so wish that was my morning here. I washed my snow boots just in case! Have a blast in the snow for me!! xxxooo

Sherry said...

Laughed out loud as your daughter's "crack"!! and of the memories of my own childhood, playing in the snow all day, coming in repeatedly to get dry mittens...but now, I could do without the snow...we had the snow and freezing rain too...it's just now starting to melt.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

And all we've had so far is a few measly snowflakes, with a dusting one morning last week...but our day will come. Michigan is KNOWN for it's harsh winters!

Di said...

DiOhhhhh I want snow so bad! Thank you for sharing.
xoxo
Di

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Okay, Joy, THAT'S what I'm talking about! S*N*O*W!!

Looks fabulous.
xo Lidy