Nov 20, 2007

Slow but Sure

Because our Thanksgiving has already come and gone, I am slowly but surely starting preparations for Christmas. Geez, I am as bad as all of the stores playing Christmas music right now. I just can't stop!


Last night I made the mistake of drinking a Diet Coke at 9:30 p.m. What was I thinking? Well, I was wide awake until almost 1:00 a.m. and this morning I am paying for it. (who knew eyes could get that swollen from a lack of sleep?) Staying up late always seems like a good idea at the time. And then morning comes.

I made another one of my ornament mirrors. I made a larger one for myself a couple of years back as I am not that talented to try and tackle a whole wreath. Besides, I like the look of the ornaments on a mirror, it fools the eye to look like there's more. This petite vintage mirror is for sale in my shop. It's made with all vintage ornaments, and there are some real goodies in there.



I stole this decorating idea below from my best friend Janet I love the way the ornaments hang out happily. Do you know how many 'JOY' ornaments I have? Janet gave me this little one and I love it - it's real silver which is already starting to tarnish. By the way, if you are looking for mini lights on a brown cord (rather hard to find around here) she's got some for sale.



Speaking of decorating for the holidays, I'll be joining the magnificent Karla during her blog party "What Do you Love About Your Holiday Home?" This is it ladies! A chance to peek into someone else's windows from the comfort of your home - not from a fogged up car window!



I want to wish all of my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends....


22 comments:

Wanda said...

Not that talented??? Huh??? I have no doubt you could do a large wreath. But I really love the mirror, and it being a rectangle is even better! I think I like this better than a wreath.

IsabellaCloset said...

Joy, the mirror is so very lovely! I love it..
I understand how it goes not getting enough sleep. Many mornings I'm up around 4am after only sleeping 4 hours. Rather then lay in bed awake it's better to get up and make something or get on the computer. BUT then when I'm at my evening job I'm so tired! Oh well such is life.
Please do keep making all your gorgeous treasures, like you they are a "joy" to see!
Take care ~Mary~ :-}

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

That's it! I'm coming to your house! That's GORGEOUS!

FourSistersInACottage said...

OH JOY!!!
YOUR WEBSITE IS AWESOME!!! I have it bookmarked to look thru it tonight when everyone is sleeping.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Hugs to you,
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)
PS....The mirror is OUT OF THIS WORLD GORGEOUS!!!

Sandra Evertson said...

Your ornament mirror is simply STUNNING!
Love it!
Sandra Evertson

AmyB said...

Joy, Your vintage ornament mirror is gorgeous. If I could spend $45 on me right now, you would have a sale! Beautiful work as always!
-Amy B

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That mirror is stunning!!
Oh, I've been playing Christmas music for awhile now -- my guys just laugh at me!
:)

Sherry said...

Beautiful mirror Joy...I feel for you with the diet coke at that hour and still being awake late into the night...when I do that I feel like a bag of hammers the next day...hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight!!

Natasha Burns said...

Wow that mirror is so darn cute!!!

Lisa said...

I love the ornament mirror. How creative is that! What a great idea. This looks really beautiful, and would be a perfect holiday gift.

Robolady said...

Beautiful stuff Joy. Yep we here in the US can't really start Christmas for a couple more days. But that hasn't stopped some of us. I saw lights up on people's houses today, guess they are getting a head start.
Love the coat rack with the ornaments on it. So simple yet elegant and festive.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, joy, I just love all your things! Just beautiful. I'm getting excited about putting my stuff out & I sure like your vintagey feel. I'm going more natural this year. I even bought some glitter, ha-ha.

I might have to play at Karla's too...sounds fun!

Rhoda

Twinkle Pink said...

Hi Joy, the first batch of ornaments arrived and are beautiful, can't wait to put them up for Christmas.

I LOVE your mirror!!!

I'm joining Karla's party too. I love looking round peoples homes and especially at Christmas:))

best wishes Ginny (in England)

Cottage by the River said...

Oh my gosh you are talented. I firmly believe you are a magician!
Have a great weekend. happy decorating.
Bristol

restyled home said...

Hi Joy,
I love that mirror!! Exactly where in your brain do you pluck these great ideas from?? I popped over to your friend's site and I think it is so wonderful that you two share such talent and creativity. You must have an awful lot of fun together...do you ever find it hard to shop together if you both are reaching out for the same stuff...???

I am very happy that I am don't have to cook a turkey dinner today, but I sure wouldn't mind eating one!!

Linda
xox

Sandy said...

Hi Joy! Thank you for the wish and I wanted to thank you again for the beautiful ornament with a "S" that came in the mail!
I might have thanked you already, but I'm doing it again :)
Also love the mirror ornament. You are gifted, girl! :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Wow, you used great ornaments to make that lovely mirror!

Thanks for letting people know about our party and for the nice holiday wishes you left for me. I guess I can't wish you a good Thanksgiving, can I? Well, have a wonderful weekend any way!

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Lovely work, as always. So inspiring (in a "why do I never think of those things" sort of way).

Happy Thanksgiving,

Melissa

NAME: CIELO said...

What pretty ornaments.... your mirror is simply lovely...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS...

CIELO

Gabriela Delworth said...

Hello from Toronto!

I love this ornament mirror, stunning! Great work!

Warm regards,

Gabriela

nickycunha said...

the mirror is adorable!

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

I love that........you're such a showoff!