Nov 25, 2007

Things I Don't Want To Hear...


"I know this is a chain letter but please read on..."

"Mom, we accidentally broke something downstairs..."

"It's time for your pap smear..."

"Did you cut your hair?"
(a nice way of someone not complimenting you on it)

"But Mom, it wasn't my fault!"

"The writer's strike sees no end in sight..."

"Oh sorry, the sale ended yesterday."

"Hi, this is the school calling..."
(ugh - never, never a good thing out of this call)

"We're out of toilet paper!!!!"

"George Clooney is dating (insert model name here)..."

"Oh, it looks like we have these shoes in every size BUT yours."

"Is that what you're going to wear?"

"I have to pee!"
(3 mins into a 2 hour car ride)

"But I didn't MEAN for it to happen...."
(yeah, but it did)

"Hi, I'm calling from ABC Company, would you be interested in purchasing..."
(no! and especially not at dinner time!)

"But Moooooommm, I'm not tattle-taling!"

"You need a complete overhaul."
(can be referred to automobile or self!)

Stay tuned for the next list..."Things I love to hear!"

p.s. to commenter Debi, please email me at jzaczyk@cogeco.ca :)

11 comments:

RoxRocks said...

Add "I forgot..." (uttered by children and men alike) and this list is complete!

I can't wait to read your next list!

marylou said...

Joy,
I have a fun one for those annoying calls from solicitors. Next time one calls simply say, "If you will give me your personal HOME phone number I shall return your call while you are having your dinner, watching your favorite tv show or sharing a special family moment:)" Works everytime:-)
Hugs, Marylou

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What NOT to be thankful for?

Cottage by the River said...

Joy- You hit the nail on the head with that list. Hope you are having a great day.
Bristol

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Joy, I so loved your list! Thanks for the giggle..

oxox
Jennifer

Kari & Kijsa said...

Teehee- We loved your funny (but oh-so-true) list! Can't wait to be uplifted by the love-to-hear one!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Thanks for the list. It is sooooo true!

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Oh Joy! How funny! I agree with you exactly! One of my new favorite things I don't want to hear is;

"Now that you are over the age of 50, you need to schedule a "colonoscopy", bone density test, etc.......

Penny

Sherry said...

Joy you really struck a chord here!! I laughed .. with you...as I read along I kept nodding my head!

A Fanciful Twist said...

I never ever want to hear any of those things either!!! hhahahaaaaaaa

Lisa said...

Great list and I sure can relate to all of them.