Nov 2, 2007

Things I Know For Sure...



· If you think the plate in the microwave is too hot to handle, it is.

· The scissors are never where you left them. They lead a double life in Duluth.

· Just because they're cute, you should not wear your fabulous, new high heeled brown boots to the flea market.

· Kids are like dogs, they can smell hesitation. And you know what they say about 'he who hesitates'...

· Do not put down your keys when you are distracted. And already late to pick up the kids.

· The day you throw out that item you thought you would never use again? Yes, you will need it.

· Dollar Store items can add up real fast.

· When you turn on your hot glue gun, resign yourself to the fact that you will end up burning yourself before your job is done.

· "Just a minute" coming from a kid means they're not listening.

· Buying fancy underwear always seems like a good idea at the time but you'll always end up wearing your favorite good 'ol Hanes.

· You can count on the phone ringing during your fav show. During the really good part.

· When you're bored out of your mind and really want to talk to someone, no-one answers the phone.

· If you're going to drive the kids to school in your p.j.'s, make sure you have enough gas.

· If the jeans you are trying on the in fitting room don't feel exactly right, they never will. No matter how 'on sale' they are.

· The moment you hop into the bathtub for a nice relaxing soak is the exact same moment your household will fall apart. All at once.

· Even if you live in a large house, if your dog throws up, you will end up stepping in it.

· When you find a great bra that you love - buy 20 of them.

and finally,

· If you're tired, and I mean REALLY TIRED, when you go to bed and your husband wants to "spoon" don't fall for it. "Spooning" only leads to one thing...

"Forking".

;)

25 comments:

Vickie said...

The one with big house and the spew...oh yeah, never a truer thing said. So relieved I'm not the only one. Extra tip, if you know it's there and think I'll clean that up later...never works, you always forget and stand in it first!

mgm said...

hahahahahahhaha! I love this list and ummmmmmmmmm why is that spooning = forking? gosh darn those guys! and don't ask for a backrub either that always leads to 'forking' as well! thank you for your words the other day over by me they mean a lot! xo

lucinda said...

Great list...all true! Esp. the forking part!

joy said...

Love your blog! My name is Joy too! I have been seeing your name up on some of the blogs that I read! So I thought I would stop by and say hi! Come check me out @ www.thevintagerabbit.typepad.com! Have a JOYous Day!

Simply Me Art said...

Joy, That is the cutiest and I had a Great Laugh thank you, jamie

melissa @ the inspired room said...

That is so funny. I could also add, do not, I repeat, do NOT drive the kids to school in your jammies if you are LATE. Policemen can sense this and WILL find you and pull you over. I can tell you that one FOR SURE. No need to try it out yourself.

xo,
Melissa

Nunnie's Attic said...

Aww, now see we spoon every night. Although he'd like to pick a fork way more often than I...

Your list was great and your list was ACCURATE!

Love,
Julie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are fun things to read! Forking, love that.

I'm watching the mail with attention for my little giveaway prize, so I'll let you know when it arrives. Can't wait! Have a fun weekend.

Rhoda

Kari & Kijsa said...

LOL....LOL.....we needed this today! Thanks for the laugh! You are the best!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Amy Castellano said...

I just found you from Kim's Today's creative Blog...your blog is so fun and I love your artwork in your store. Today's post is hilarious I love it all so true and how did you do that to Napoleon that is soooo SO..I am so not digitally with it

cindy said...

Forking! HA. LOL. I love it! The list is so true....I can't tell you how many times the spew has happend (only with cats instead of dogs), it's an eye opener that's for sure. Great post.

Cottage by the River said...

True, true and true, all of them, so funny. Great sense of humor!!!
Bristol

A Thing for Roses said...

What a great post and I love the picture of Napoleon Dynamite. So cute! Thanks for the giggle.

Lisa

Sherry said...

What a great laugh and a terrific sense of humour and fun you have!! Loved all of these Joy!! I wish my name was Joy!!!

The Paris Apartment said...

truer words have never been spoken! how funny that spooning and forking is the same for all of us! i think you just started a new pop culture term you trendsetter!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Great advice, but oh-oh- I just came from buying some jeans on sale. I thought they'd be ok....

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Great list!!
:)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh Joy...this list is spooky. I think I could have written every one of these!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

lol. great post!! Everything is soo true!! I adore Napolean! lol

Cerri said...

Um, I ran out of gas *once* in my pj's...but it was AFTER school. I had decided to stay in my pj's all day that day.
Bad. So.Very.Bad.

Great list!
~Cerri xoxo

Robolady said...

I love every one of those, that is great. Thanks for the morning giggle.
I saw lots of "un-appropriate" shoes at the flea market yesterday. What are these women thinking???

Robolady said...

do you really want one? if so just tell me which one, email me at robolady@hotmail.com. They are 15.00 but I'll sell you one for 12.00.

cityfarmer said...

I needed this laugh!!!

cityfarmer said...

Oh p.s.I'm another Joy

restyled home said...

Too funny...especially the forking one! I think we've all fell for that one...!!

Linda