Dec 18, 2007

Care for a Spot of Tea?

The snow...it just never stops. Please, someone make it stop!



Here's a fun and easy project I tackled during our snow storm on Sunday. I picked up these plain wooden teapots at V.V and decided to turn them into Christmas ornaments... (and when I say 'picked up' I really mean they - these seemingly innocent teapots - chased and harrassed me throughout the entire store and finally DOVE head first into my cart. There was literally nothing I could do to stop them)



I just painted them up in my old favorite stand-by - antique white...



...Added some gorgeous Cavallini stickers and lots of real glass glitter...



And voila! Not rocket science by any stretch, but fun. :)






10 comments:

Barbara Jacksier said...

How lovely! How snowy! Thanks for sharing.
Barbara

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Simply perfect!

Bristol said...

Just perfect! You do have snow~~
Bristol

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, now those are really cute!! You have such great vision for turning out the neatest things out of simple objects. Cute, cute!

Merry christmas dear Joy!
RHoda

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Those are very cute!

And snow! I wish we had some. SOME! I can see you've had plenty!

Merry Christmas!
Melissa

marylou said...

Joy,
Your name suits you:) You took those sad plain Jane teapots and turned them into pure JOY!!
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Hug Life, Marylou

Sugar Bear said...

Adorable! I know how it is to have something dive into your cart!
Karla

LivingTheLife said...

OK...I must KNOW where to get those stickers...I feel so deprived not having any...they are too awesome...your tea pots are precious...and YES...I too, have had things follow me around and throw themselves in my basket...especially if they were on sale...

blessings...
teresa

cindy said...

Those are adorable! What's V.V.?

Pear Street Studios said...

Oh I just LOVE your teapot ornaments! They are darling! I may have to borrow your idea for next year! LOL!!