Dec 23, 2007

The Hustle and Bustle


I don't know what I was asking Ellie to do the other day but whatever it was she did it to my surprise and her rebuttal to me was (she's 9):

"We children are capable of doing anything we put our minds to."

I came back with a witty:

"So then you should have no problem cleaning your room then."

"EXCEPT for that!" was her quick reply.



Blogland is becoming very quiet as everyone tries to tie up loose ends. Things have been so crazy here, I just can't believe it.

I have had SUCH A TIME in procuring hubby's 2 presents. One is a blue tooth phone and the other is an accessory for said phone which hooks up to your rear view mirror and displays the number of the person calling so you don't have to fumble for your phone and also enable you to speak hands free. I ordered this neat gadget from a company that rhymes with Bammacher - Schlammer.


I ordered it in plenty of time and even had it shipped over to NY state so it wouldn't get clogged through Customs. Well, the shipping company they use - which has three letters in it's name and starts with "D" and ends with "L" - LOST it. I was watching the tracking info on it online and saw it go from Ohio to Syracuse NY and then FLORIDA. What???? Yes, it went all the way to Florida and then they lost it. And lied about it. Arrggh!!!! So now Bammacher - Schlammer has sent out a new one (they conveniently over-nighted it) and I can pick it up on Monday.

I thought I was in the clear. Notsomuch.

In order for this unit to work one has to have a compatible blue tooth phone which my husband did not. I called our wireless provider and found he was eligible for a free upgrade. Terrific! They would sent it out right away and I should have it in 3 days. (this was well over one week ago) I called yesterday to see what was holding it and it turns out it was never sent. Perfect! The two gifts I got my husband just do not want to co-operate with me. I have to say I was a little miffed because this was obviously their mistake and they knew it. I told them to find a way to get it to me by Monday and they said that was impossible. Blood curdling, veins popping I told them nothing is impossible - be like Nike and just do it!


Long story short, they called a store in town and had them put it aside for me. Now, I am all done my shopping and really don't like having to fight with crowds but this seemed like a great solution so I went to pick it up yesterday. Had it in my hands and everything! Problem was they would have to automatically cancel my husband's phone (he is still out of town right now) in order to activate the new one. Bloody hell! Now I have to go back tomorrow - Christmas Eve day - and get it then.


A glass of wine is starting to look really good right now. And it's only 9:35 a.m.


I want to wish all of you ladies (and a couple of men) a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am blessed to know such terrific bloggers who continually put a smile on my face by stopping by my little space in blogsosphere.


Happy Holidays!


12 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Oh my! I hope that everything works out and your gifts are a big hit! A very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Karla

RoxRocks said...

I have the same luck with hubby gifts. This year I just went out and bought him two big things at Peavey Mart. Seems lame but it's what he wanted. I hate it when things like that don't turn out! Oh well, he knows you love him!!

Things are quite in blogland. It's weird.

vintage sue said...

Hey, it's not Christmas if there aren't these kinds of mishaps. My thing is I always forget ingredients for dinner, and end up scurrying over to my neighbors...

Enjoy your holidays! And, I agree, it's EERILY quiet in blogland!

Sherry said...

Joy, I'd have had that glass of wine!!!! Frustration is the thing we try to avoid at this time of year yet people put it right in our path!!!!

He'll love the gift I'm sure when he opens it and it will have been worth the aggro!!!

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas full of joy, laughter and love, with all good things and blessings for the coming year.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

So sorry for all those problems, Joy. I just hate when it happens like that. Hang in there, it will all work out & you will have a Merry Christmas in spite of the retailers, shipping agents, etc.

Merry Christmas!
Rhoda

Carrie said...

Hello Joy,
When time permits in your busy schedule...
You are invited to visit the nativity scenes gallery posted Dec. 23 at Oak Rise Cottage blog. The collection includes over 50 countries from the various continents. Each nativity set expresses the story of Christ’s birth according to the perspective of the artist:
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2007/12/nativity-scenes-gallery-at-oak-rise.html
Hope to see you soon,
Carrie

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!! I am sure it can only get easier now, fingers crossed.
Alicia ~ time worn style

Sandra Evertson said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Sandra Evertson

socalmuchacha said...

Honey child, forget that "glass" of wine--you deserve a BOTTLE of it after all that trauma-drama with the hubby's gift! Hope it all worked out.

Don't get me started on cell phone issues, though. My current phone has been acting up and I figured upgrading to a new one was cheaper than buying a new battery for the current one. Could upgrade to a Krazer for only $19.99, but darn if they didn't charge me just about as much in sales tax ($18), blaming it on some State of California law...ARGH! Goes without saying that I'll be contacting CA to find out why I have to pay taxes on the full retail value of the phone ($219) when I got it on sale for $19.99!!! Okay, I guess I just DID get started on cell phones issues...sorry! lol

You and Wilbur need to stop by my blog to see an absolutely hilarious (and adorable!) picture I took of Rudy today. To say he looks less-than-thrilled would be an understatement of gargantuan proportions!

Hope your holidays are everything you'd hoped for, my friend. (((Joy))) (And Wilbur, too!)

Alison Gibbs said...

Hope everything turns out ok for christmas.
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Alison

Anonymous said...

WE WERE SENT A PICTURE BY THE PHOTOGRAPHER OF OUR DAUGHTER,HUSBAND AND THREE GRAND CHILDREN-NOT ACROSS COUNTRY MIND YOU,BUT ACROSS TOWN..BOTTOM LINE-NEVER GOT HERE...I COULD HAVE DRIVEN THERE AND PICKED IT UP IN 20 MINUTES BUT THEY CHOSE TO HAVE IT SENT FROM THE COMPANY..AS IT TURNED OUT WE WERE SENT THE LAST COPY AND NO MORE TO BE HAD..WHAT? OR MAYBE THYE DON'T BELIEVE US THAT IT DIDN'T ARRIVE... CRUMB!!!

FourSistersInACottage said...

Joy,
I love the picture of the kids!! I hope your Christmas was as happy as the kids are in the picture!!!
Have a Happy New Year and if you get a chance, stop by my blog for new breast cancer pictures and a FREE VALENTINE GIVEAWAY!!!
Hugs, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)