Dec 19, 2007

Janet, No Peeking!


I'm always looking for new and interesting ways to wrap Christmas presents. For my BFF Janet this year, I used some vintage wrapping paper that I found at the thrift store. I just love old wrapping paper, the designs are so fabulous. For a tag I used one of these old office file labels that I picked up at a yard sale this past summer and blogged about here. I had no idea at the time what exactly I would do with them but they were neat and came in a box lot of junk. It gives them a second chance in life and I love second chances. I consider it my contribution to recycling! One the second present I used one of my vintage-style ornament cones as an embellishment, they're just too darn cute!


I wrapped ALL of my presents today. It took me over 3 hours. That has got to be worth something when I guilt hubby with my annual holiday speech which starts off with something like... "Do you KNOW how much work goes into decorating, gift picking and purchasing, wrapping...."


p.s. It's snowing here. Are you surprised?


10 comments:

SoCal Muchacha said...

Hey, we've got California's version of your Canadian snow going on right now: AKA rain. ;) See we DO have seasons in SoCal!

Carrie said...

The two presents are beautifully wrapped. Great touch with the cone on the second present.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That cone is a gift itself!

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Great wrappings! I love vintage wrapping paper the problem with me it I can never bring my self to use it! haha

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

pss: It is not snowing here, can I come live with you?

Barbara Jacksier said...

With wrapping that pretty, not only wouldn't I peek, I wouldn't want to unwrap my gift at all!

Sugar Bear said...

Oh you have the conversation with your husband too? LOL! I've been a bit of a broken record for about a week now but he just looks at me. I still have to wrap all of my gifts - I keep putting it off but gotta get it done today or I'll make myself more crazy then I already am! Love the idea of the office tags.
Merry Christmas,
Karla

Wanda said...

Oh, you're so far ahead of me! I haven't wrapped any gifts, yet. I'd like to get creative, but I know at the last minute I'll be doing whatever I can as quick as I can.

Sandy said...

Joy, the vintage wrapping is wonderful! Merry Christmas!

Holiday Hugs!
Sandy

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Joy, your presents look so pretty!! Just stopping by to tell you Merry Chrismas!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! xo Heather