Dec 8, 2007

What A Sap!

... bucket, that is!

I found two original vintage sap buckets (the real deal) at V.V. the other day, they're quite large measuring 13 inches tall. I wasn't sure what to do with them but the pale pink paint that covered them had to go. It just wasn't the right pink.

So here goes...



And after!



All dressed up for the holidays!


I painted it an antique white, added a tulle handle and trimmed it with crocheted lace and some of those vintage mercury beads I salvaged from my feather tree.



I also modge-podged a page of antique sheet music with an appropriate title and added some of my fav glittered letters. I didn't want to go too Christmas-y so I chose the word HOPE as that has become my moniker of sorts. We could all use a little hope, don't you think?


Real glass glitter frames the sheet music and gives it that festive look. Because I have two, this one will end up in my shop.


So hubby and I have not one, but two parties to attend tonight. Go figure, we have no plans for the entire holiday season, and these two parties have to fall on the same night. I went to my hairdresser's this morning for a quick trim and had him curl my hair just for fun. Big mistake. Big! Let's just put it this way - Shirley Temple's got nothin' on me!


15 comments:

Sandy said...

Fabulous idea joy! I love how you keep with the theme of cream colours!

Monica said...

oof fun buckets!
I am sure your hair looks cute! Have a great time party girl :)

Nunnie's Attic said...

Well it's just beautiful. Can't hardly even elaborate on that. It's just beautiful.

Hope your hair looks good.
Hope you have a good time tonight.
Hope your non-blogging friend Janet gets off her butt and posts something!

Love,
Julie

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

ooh!! it turned out so cute!!

SoCal Muchacha said...

Aw come on, chica, we want to see the before/after of your hair! ;)

Scrappy Jessi said...

so sweet! love the beads!

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!! Can you do this with printed Shabby Scrap stuff? I loooove your shabby transformations! :)

Sherry said...

you find the best things Joy and this bucket has had an incredible transformation!! Enjoy the partying!

a said...

ahhh Joy! you've been so creative and I love it all over here! yes enjoying those little girls, ahem....but...I'm not quite ready to be a full time granny if ya know what I mean;( its hectic here at the moment, and I'm not finding much time to do what I want to do or in some cases NEED to do...but, I see some clearing up ahead so I'll be fine;) Merry Christmas girl!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

No Fair! You didn't show us your curled hair. :) Love what you did with the buckets. I liked the old pink paint too. Lucky you finding those buckets. Have a blast at your parties tonite.

Alison Gibbs said...

Joy what a wonderful makeover.
Hope you had fun at the party.
Alison

Bristol said...

You amaze me every time I stop by!~~
Bristol

Teresa @ PlumWater Cottage said...

Very cute!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Your bucket looks incredible!!!!! Oh me oh my!! Your are so awesome! Have fun at parties!! xxo

A Thing for Roses said...

What? No picture of your curly hair? Your sap bucket turned out so cute. thanks for sharing with us.

Lisa