Jan 15, 2008

An Era Gone-By...

Perhaps I was born in the wrong era ... I just love old ephemera and of course, you all know about my love of vintage wallpaper too. Just look at the wonderful old labels I found while treasure-hunting...they are all original and date from the 1920-1930's. My stash is quite substantial so they are listed in my shop.



My favorite part of these labels is that they all have the word 'Paris' in them. I decided to decorate some old bottles with them and love how they turned out...



This wee little one is embossed and oh-so lovely...



I think they'd also be wonderful to work with in scrapbooking and altered art too...



I love the artwork and design used in products from this era - so grand! So over the top! As my bff Janet and I always say - we are suckers for packaging. You package up something beautifully and you've got me hook, line and sinker. I don't care if I need it or not!


And finally, check out these wonderful wellies from Victoria Trading...



Are they not gorgeous? My sister sent me a 'hint' email direct from the site saying that she would love them.


I love them too Mel, when you order yours, be sure and get me a pair as well! ;)



9 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your jars! The boots are sweeeeeet! BTW, your sis did a FABULOUS job on the 'open' eggs!

Alison Gibbs said...

The labels look fabulous.
Get Mel to order me a pair of wellies too! Trouble is you wouldn't want to get them dirty let alone muddy.
Alison

Jennifer said...

Those labels look like they were made for those bottles...just perfect! Also love the way your Easter baskets turned out...great idea!!!!!

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

those labels are absolutely gorgeous! i never find those when i'm out treasure hunting. i'm going to have to start looking more closely maybe... =) i love what you did with them. those bottles look SO pretty!!! debbie

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh yes, me tooooo! Package me up and here's my heart :) LOVE the wellies!!! xxoxo (Ps: The labels look like they were found on those bottles years ago and kept in pristine condition!! Amazing!!!)

The Rose Room said...

The labels look wonderful and so do the wellies:) Rachael

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I couldn't resist any longer... the robins egg blue one is the one that did me in!

xoxo Heather

Monica said...

oh your bottles are beautiful ,but then again everythign you do is !
I love your work :)

a said...

born in the wrong era? yup you and me both...all paper items completely trance me out! photos too! ya can never have enough! I would say you find some of the prettiest darn things ms joy! and Ha to elle and her games! I've got a gal that has that new psp ...I suspect I better check her in her bed from here on out...it's capable of going on the internet, but thankfully she has not asked nor does she know how to connect to it....praying it stays that way.! love the dress btw! Heck I love everything over here! xo