Jan 9, 2008

First Project of 2008!




I didn't know if I had it in me. The creative spark of Christmas had left me and I was slowly starting to relax again. And not having to turn off what seemed like 47 different sets of lights at night before I went to bed was wonderful. But then, creativity set in again and the need to create was overwhelming. Hallelujah!


Yesterday my mojo came back and an idea came to me after I purchased these tiny little baskets...well, the ones I used for this project aren't heart shaped though, they're just plain. Anyway....



I grabbed some Easter eggs...



As well as some raffia and vintage shredded sheet music...



And finally found a use for these pretty, very petite lace doilies...



Voila! Vintage style Easter baskets filled with glass glittered eggs.




You can find them HERE...


We are having rather crazy weather here. The MOUNTAINS of snow we had have all melted due to very mild temps and we can actually see the grass again! Very odd. Lots of flooding. And today we had 90 km winds. The kids' trampoline left the side yard, flew hundreds of feet towards the driveway just missing my Expedition, and hit the side of the garage. I think it's now toast. Poor Wilbur will be so disappointed....


22 comments:

Bristol said...

Very very cute, I have been thinking of something like that.
Hop on over to my blog I am having a giveaway.
Bristol

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh that looks so sweet.
Love the glittered eggs.
Alison

Katrina said...

I love the glittered eggs. Glitter makes everything prettier, doncha think? Are you going to do something for Valentine's Day with the heart baskets?

Antique Paperie said...

Adorable! Very cool Glittered Baskets of Eggs - Need I say, Tre`s Chic?? Your Mojo is here babe (it never left!!) I LOVE those - keep all the wonderful little goodies coming! I Can't wait to see more -
xoxo Sherri

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh i am just loooooving those egg baskets sooo much. So cute and totally gorgeous.
Are you getting the feeling that i really like them ??
LOL


xo
Shann

Sugar Bear said...

Those baskets are so darling! I had to laugh at your comment about turning off 47 different light sets - tell me about it! Poor Wilbur, he will have to find a new hobby. That post you did of him on the trampoline is great!
Karla

Monica said...

oh how cute!
Your spark of creativity is definately back!

Vintage Tea said...

I LOVE Easter baskets... esp when they they're glittered!

Victoria

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Joy!! Your new creations are so pretty. I am glad to here you got your creative spark back.... I am feeling like my muse is gone for good! xo

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Joy can you email me?
paintminepink@people.net.au

i bought some stuff from your website but not sure if it went through.....and i couldnt do an Australian address option..HEEELLLPPPP

do i sound desperate?
LOL

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Joy,
I'm back!!
Check out my blog I have given you the Spread The Love Award.
Alison

Gabriela said...

Hello Joy!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments! Yes, I am from the GTA, and you? As a matter of fact I think I should place you on my favorite blogs list! I hope you don't mind. I would love my visitors to see the beautiful things you make.

Warm regards,

Gabriela

Fete et Fleur said...

Lovely little baskets! So sorry for Wilbur. He's adorable by the way!! Have you checked it yet? Maybe it's O.K.

:<)

Nancy

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh So Gorgeous!
Sandra Evertson

cindy said...

Those are soooo cute! You've inspired me and I'm hitting Dollar Tree this afternoon to see what I can find.
c

~j~ said...

came over from the inspired room.
LOVE your take on life and family, brings a smile to my face.
Kudos for the running start towards spring! Next to Love day,it's my favorite.
~j~

Robolady said...

those are so cute.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I needed a little dose of spring, thanks!

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh I love this!!! I love Easter and spring so much, I just cant wait! I was so excited when I saw you have sone something for Easter! This is my first visit here and I will be back for sure! Thank you for giving me a smile today!

Hugs,
Amy

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

such a cute project! xo Britt

Mary said...

The prettiest Easter baskets yet!
What a great idea.

Diane said...

Love your glittered eggs and baskets!
xoxo
Diane