Jan 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's 2008?


Hope you all had fun whatever you did. Thanks for the wonderful well wishes, I so appreciate them!


Last night, hubby and I, along with my Uncle and his fiance, went out for dinner to celebrate New Year's Eve. What a lovely evening we had. We went to a new restaurant called Knox Fine Dining which happens to be situated in an old church. It was a 7 course meal paired with various wines and the ambiance in the church was fabulous.



A highlight of the evening was when they lowered this massive candle chandelier from the high vaulted ceilings and lit it up...



Back up it goes!



They also featured a terrific jazz quartet - I have to say the acoustics were wonderful in the large space.



And check out this neat ice sculpture! It was made to pour drinks through which would super chill them...see the martini glass at the bottom?



Voila! My cosmopolitan!



The funny thing was when they had first tried pouring a drink through it, whatever beverage they poured in there froze, rendering it completely useless. After a few hours, and many helping hands, they finally got it unclogged to a roar of applause.


It was a rather quiet day here spent with our kids. Everyone was tired from having stayed up too late. It will be an early night tonight and tomorrow starts my big organizational push. I will need all the strength I can get for that! But days like this I just wish I was like "I Dream of Genie" and could wiggle my nose to make everything neat and tidy. :)


Happy New Year everyone, all the best to you and yours for 2008!



16 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Joy what a fabulous way to welcome in the New Year.
Hope 2008 is everything you want it to be.
Alison

Antique Paperie said...

You look fabulous darling! Sounds like a good time was had by all - such lovely & festive photos!
Wishing you a wonderful New Year filled with much happiness & warmth - take care dear friend!
xoxo Sherri

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OMG I loooove the way that ice sculpture got the martini cold. How awesome! Happy New Year girl! :)

Mary said...

So glad you had an enjoyable New Year celebration, you looked so glam! This will be a fabulous year I'm sure.

Like you, I must go get out of my p.j.'s - but it's cold this morning, our first really very chilly morning (20 degrees) and I feel so cozy!!

Take care - I'll be organizing too!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening! and that chandelier- WOW!!!
Wanted to wish you a wonderful, prosperous, safe and healthy New Year! Here is to a fabulous 2008!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Gabriela Delworth said...

Happy New Year Joy!

Warm regards,

Gabriela

Sandy said...

Joy that sounded fabulous! Where is the church? I wish you all the best for 2008!

Sandy xoxo

TamboinMO said...

Joy,
You like mighty fine when you clean up and get out of your pj's

:)

Looks like you got the New Year off to a great start!

Sherry said...

Looks like a great place Joy and you and hubby look fantastic! Quiet New Year's Day here too and then back to reality.

I hate taking down my white lights too but a few years ago I strung a strand through some fake ivy I have in baskets on top of my buffet and use them year round...makes for some lovely ambiance!!

Sandy said...

Joy - your date sounds fascinating! Happy 2008 to you - I look forward to reading more great posts!
Sandy

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh JOY!!! What an enchanting evening!!! You & hubby are a movie star couple for sure!! And dinner, in an old church!! Oh the candles! All of it, a wonderful way to celebrate the new year!!! xo

http://petticoatjunction.typepad.com/petticoat_junction/ said...

Joy
You and your husband are gorgeous and I just want to slurp that dring down!
Happy New Year to you~!
xoxo
Diane

A Thing for Roses said...

Happy New Year Joy!

I never did tell you how much I love my little ornament I bought from your website. I have added it to my "homage de Paris" and it will stay out all year. Thank you so much and I wish you and your family a wonderful 2008!

Best wishes,

Lisa

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Hi Joy,
Looks like you had a wonderful New Year ! I wish you all the best for 2008.

Oh and yummm the cosmopolitan looks delish !

Shann :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Joy, Happy New Year!! Could you be any cuter??!

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Wishing you a new year filled with joy, laughter and love.
xo Lidy

Jenny said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening.
You and your husband are a gorgeous couple.
Hope you had a great holiday celebration.
It looks like I have a bit of reading to do.
Belated seasons greetings!!
:)