Jan 22, 2008

Pretty in Pink!


Ever have one of those days were a color just keeps popping out at you? Yesterday was one of those days for me and it all started when I found this wonderful vintage pink beaded millinery heart.


I had this vintage cherub for a while now and it found a new home atop it...it was sold yesterday in my shoppe and will be mailed off to it's lucky new owner Heather. Thanks, Heather!


I found this wonderful old cut glass liquor bottle yesterday and dressed it up with an original old Witch Hazel label in the most fabulous shade of pink. I just love the large stopper on it.



I also added some vintage rhinestones and some pretty ribbons...


It's quite large and would make the perfect bubble bath bottle! The perfect Valentine's gift to spoil someone you love...


My ever-talented sister Melody has been a busy girl too. She's been re-vamping some of her old lampshades with new fabrics...



She's says it's quite easy but I don't really believe her. She has the talent for cutting, measuring, sewing, etc... Me, notsomuch.



I love the button embellishments on the shade above. So sweet!


And just look what she did to this old headboard lamp I gave her. Ummm, it wasn't this pretty when I gave it to her!



Can I have it back now? ;)


8 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Your sister's lamshades are adorable! I love the fabrics she used. The bottle is divine and the wreath is perfect for the holiday.
Karla

Natalea said...

such pretties!!
xo natalea

restyled home said...

Hah!! That's what my sister always used to say! She'd want things back after I did something more interesting with them!! I got smart and stopped showing her!!

Love all your sparkly and pink goodness!!

Linda
xoxo

Alison Gibbs said...

Well you and your sister are pretty talented.
No wonder Heather snapped up that wreath it is beautiful.
Alison

Sandy said...

Hi Joy - you are so creative and I love how you use music with your art. Beautiful!
sandy

Shabbyfufu said...

You girls are so talented Joy. I just love everything that you do:-)
~XO~Janet

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Pink always jumps out at me!

PAINT MINE PINK said...

oH mY pink heaven
bliss bliss bliss

Joy, you and Melody are a very talented pair !
No wonder you want that head board back now !!!

Oh my lil parcel came today THANKYOU !

xo Shannon