Jan 7, 2008

Some new additions in my shoppe...


How is it that vintage wallpaper can make me so happy? I really don't know, but this new wallpaper pack features the most fabulous roses!



This old piano scarf really packs a punch with it's bright and vibrant colors set on a jet black background...



Vintage Paris tags are back in stock, as well as the crown version too...



And the very popular carmel/brown handkerchief scarf has been re-stocked as well...



This vintage Italian brocade bedspread is just gorgeous...



And finally, this CARTIER street sign was too good to pass up. We could all use a little CARTIER in our lives, couldn't we? ;) Update - SOLD - thanks P!




I went to the flea market yesterday and picked up an old leather hat box that's 60+ years old and came over on the boat from Holland. It's one of those things that is toying with my heart. My intention when I bought it was to sell it but my heart strings are being pulled. After I give it a good cleaning I will decide whether or not it will end up in the shoppe...


My best friend Janet and I are very excited as we are off to the big Toronto Gift Show in a couple of weeks! Since we both have official business licenses we can now buy wholesale. So exciting. I want to be able to offer a little bit more on my site, including vintage style holiday-themed gifts for Valentines, Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Also ephemera. Lots and lots of ephemera. I could bathe in the stuff!


A year ago I hadn't even started my Hope Jar adventure. Now I am thrilled to be doing what I'm doing. I've been getting a few enquiries on wholesaling The Hope Jar and it makes my heart sing. I'm also just as thrilled when one single jar is ordered. It's a labor of love that's very close to my heart.



14 comments:

Bristol said...

Joy- I love checking out all your beautiful things. Love that Cartier sign~
Bristol

Alison Gibbs said...

Joy so many lovely things,
Alison

NAME: CIELO said...

Hi Joy.... I love that scarf!

Have a lovely evening!

Cielo

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Joy,

I wish you all the best with your business adventures in 2008! It is all so exciting. Great new things you found, and good luck at the gift show, it sounds fun!

Melissa

The Paris Apartment said...

Joy to the world! Happiest new year darling!!! LOVE those little tags and that wallpaper is to DIE for! What are your plans for it?

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Oooh Joy i am sad :( that i missed that Cartier sign. How gorgeous is it.
And the vintage wallpaper, well i totally get how it makes you excited..its GORGEOUS !

Off to take a peep in your store....

Shann xo

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Joy, sounds like some exciting plans you've got going. I'm thinking about getting that business license too so I can purchase wholesale stuff for a business venture. Sounds fun!

All these pics are so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful 2008!

I have one little question for you. Did you do your own labels on you blog..the cute labels on your sidebar? I'm trying to figure out how to do mine.

Thanks!
Rhoda

euroantiquer said...

Wonderful things!
I love the tags and the sign :(
Have fun at market!

Mary said...

Hi again Joy - as you will see, I've been shopping!! Will look forward to receiving my goodies - I love the scarf idea with less bulk - just what I need for our mild climate. The round tags are so different - I'll definitely do something special with them.

I'll be watching the mail box!
Hugs -
Mary ~ ACROSS THE POND

P.S. Could you do a Hope Jar for a COUSIN (female) by chance? Please e-mail me with details.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh Fun fun!! youa re up to my hearts desire!! Treats and treasures!!!

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Lovely things! So nice to hear from you. It looks like 2008 is going to be a fabulous year for you Joy!
Penny

Sugar Bear said...

Everything is lovely! I wanted to let you know that I gave your Grief Hope Jar to a very good friend who recently and very unexpectedly lost her 3 year old son. The jar has meant a great deal to her already in the short time she has had it. I wanted to share an excerpt of her thank you note: "Thank you so much for the beautiful Hope Jar. It was the most amazing gift. I am not sure where you find such beautiful and thoughtful items - I loved it. I keep it next to my bed and reach for it often."

I wanted to let you know that the Hope Jar is a beautiful and wonderful creation.

Karla

KJ said...

Your exploits sound so thrilling! I have friends who own retail shops and get to go to gift shows. What an adventure that would be. And, you have such a nice collection of items!

Oh happy day!
KJ

Rui Caetano said...

Beautiful photos.