Jan 5, 2008

Waiting for the Next Holiday...


O.K., the decorations are finally down and I am amazed at how bare this house looks. It echoes! Even the kids made a comment about it. The coziness and magical twinkling lights of the holidays have diminished and life returns back to normal. What's a girl to do?


Well, if you're me, head on to the next holiday!


I am kind of cheating here because I skipped over Valentine's but I won't be here for it as we are going down south for my uncle's destination wedding. So I decided to start ideas for Easter...


I found this small wooden birdcage at one of my fav thrift stores and knew it could stand a make-over. (much like my barren house right now) It only measures 8" tall.



I added some lace to the bottom and inserted a nest filled with shredded sheet music (thanks for the great idea Janet!) I popped in some eggs and an old Easter card, a nice tiny one that would get lost in the shuffle in any other place.



I also added some vintage millinery flowers and some ribbon to the outside.



So with that I say, "Be gone winter. Come on Spring!"


Oh my goodness, a milestone is coming for me. I am very close to 500 posts! I will be having a giveaway to celebrate this and I hope you will stop by and enter. :)


8 comments:

Marlou said...

I love your birdcage!!! its beautiful :)

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

WOW! 500 posts! That is great... lovin that birdcage. Happy New Year! Heather xoxo

Antique Paperie said...

Beautiful!! I love old or antique birdcages and the bit of lace around it with the goodies inside just makes it perfect. It turned out wonderful!!
Just stopping by to say hello!
xo Sherri

Monica said...

I finally took down all our decor today and I know what you mean, the coziness is gone!
Love your bird cage display :)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I'm all for looking ahead to Easter! Spring and all that comes with it! Valentines Day is just too lovey dovey for me! I can't wait till the crocus' start popping up.

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the birdcage. Today i am taking down my christmas decorationsa dnlike you say it will look so bare!
Alison

Scrappy Jessi said...

very cute my dear!
your husband better not skip valentines day. lol.
can't wait to see what else you make.
happy new years!
jessi

Mary said...

This looks really lovely Joy - I love bidcages, nests and sheet music - and altogether they are gorgeous!