Feb 26, 2008

A Handy Telephone Telemarketer Tip


I have been bombarded with a lot of telephone marketing lately. I just cringe when I see the 1-800 number come up. But I always answer because sometimes it's the bank and it can actually be important. However, lately I am getting calls from automated an voice stating "HELLO! Macy, Nordstrom's..." (this is where I hang up) O.k. first of all, we don't even have Macy's and Nordstrom's in Canada, but whatever. Today I got a call from La Senza - a lingerie store. Another automated lady calling to tell me that I need new underwear. Really! Well, I got so mad and I hit "0" just to see what would happen. Well, low and behold another automated voice came on and told me "Thank-you. Your phone number has been removed from our database."


WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!


The grin on my face was so big I felt like I had won the "Don't Ever Bug Me Again" Lottery!


I have been scouting some finds for my website and have a couple of new and interesting items in the works. I found these wonderful old checks today ...



I should note that we spell checks "cheques" here in Canada and when we're in a restaurant never ask for the "check" at the end of the meal - always the "bill". Funny, huh? ... Or should I say "Funny, eh?" ;) ...


Anyway, makes me feel like writing one out to myself, they're so grand. :)



Well, we've got another winter storm warning going on here. Apparently our little town is going to get dumped with a lot of snow. Oh, yay. Perhaps the kids and I will build an igloo and hibernate there until Spring comes?...


14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wear sunglasses all of the time too! I started when I was 20 because the large framed Vogue or Jackie O glasses were 'in' and I loved them, then I started hearing about how it helps reduce sun damage and wrinkles so I kept it up. Now, Thanx to Mary Kate and Ashley they're back in and I can find them everywhere. I also sleep with a pillow on my head (same reason) and giggle during peidcures.

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Joy,
Wow you got rid of the telemarketers! Yay to you!

We also spell it 'cheques' here in Australia, and we also ask for the 'bill' at the end of a meal. Seems the Commonwealth countries follow the British ways! I always giggle about how spelling seems to change in the US for words like 'organise' - s always becomes a z for some reason, and the U is dropped in colour, behaviour, neighbour. I always wondered why? LOL!

Natasha Burns said...

BTW your chequebooks are amazing, those pages are just beautiful!!!

fromthepines said...

Good idea to hibernate! HOW long till spring?

Cheryl

Sugar Bear said...

Hmm, I'll have to try this telemarketer trick. I usually don't get the phone - I figure if it is important they will leave a message. The cheques are delightful.
Karla

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

restyled home said...

So glad to hear that you had a great trip!! It is great to have you bach, though!!

Looks like your telemarketer might have been called "Jason" and is getting revenge on you!! Ha ha!!
I feel bad, but when telemarketers call, I sometimes just hang up with no notice. It is so invasive when they call so often...

Linda
xoxo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Those are wonderful old checks, I mean cheques.

Happy Weekend, almost!

Melissa