Feb 4, 2008

Preparations


Time is flying by before our holidays start...isn't it supposed to drag on? I have a "to-Do" List that is as long as my arm and it just seems to grow, not shrink. And I am one of those people who tend to take things very seriously and feel like the weight the world is on MY shoulders. And it basically is as we all know us Moms are the one who pack for EVERYONE(!) I just love my hubby. He rolls into town the day before we leave and says "Let's Go!" He doesn't quite understand the work and preparation it takes to leave on holiday. Ladies, can I get an "Amen" here? The packing, the organizing, the bill paying, the schoolwork, the banking...I could go on and on. And to top things off the kids had a Science fair project that is due while we are away so we had to do that this past weekend. (have I told you how much I LOATHE science fair projects?!) And add to that, our furnace has broken down. Won't go any higher than 68 degrees. That made for a nice, cozy weekend! :)

Anyhoo, have to take care of a very important errand this morning - a pedicure and manicure! Hopefully that will make me feel a little less stressed.

Thought I'd leave you with a fav old box covered in old wallpaper. I will probably put this on ebay or etsy when I come back...



It's a great place to store your favorite things...



Hmmm, I wonder if I threw my sanity in there?....



Oh yeah, just a little shop note - any orders purchased from Feb 6-20th will only be shipped after Feb 21st. Thanks!


13 comments:

Ann said...

Have a wonderful vacation Joy!

RoxRocks said...

Amen! I think that's how I developed travellers' anxiety. Oy.

Have a marvelous trip! Come back tanned and rested! And do it safely please.

Monica said...

Have a great trip!

Victorian Lady said...

Have a great trip!! :)

Mere

Sugar Bear said...

Have a great trip! You can get an Amen from me! Even though we don't have kids - I can sympathize with everything else.
Karla

Alison Gibbs said...

Have a great trip.
Typical Man!
Love the wallpaper covered box.
Alison

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

HAVE a wonderful wonderful holiday Miss JOY!!! xo

restyled home said...

Having just returned from a vacation, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!! For men, things just happen...because of us!

Oh well, hopefully you will be able to forget the preceding chaos once you are on your trip, and you will actually get some downtime!

Fingers crossed for you,
Linda

FourSistersInACottage said...

AMEN!!! LOL
Have a great time Joy. I am happy to finally be able to catch up on your blog. The Easter Eggs are adorable and I LOVE YOUR RHINESTONE Witch Hazel Bottle. TOO PRETTY!!!
Thanks for sharing all of it with us and let us know about that DARLING PAPER COVERED BOX!!! LOVE THAT!!!
Hugs and Love, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh Joy, I am going through the same thing right now. We just booked a trip in March, to West Palm Beach and Disney. Our first real big vacation with all three kids. It took a week just to figure out who had what when or who had to be where and it came down to one week within 2 months that no one had anything that they didn't HAVE to do. This will be intereting! Well enJOY yourself and let me/us know had it all goes. Where are you going?

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

have a great vacation joy~! You will relax and let your life shine! Most of all, have a blast!

Jenny said...

Have a fantabulous holiday Joy!!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Oh my goodness ~~ That is a gorgeous box !!
Have a wonderful vacation ~
xoxo,
Lori