Feb 23, 2008

Seriously, I Have a Problem...


I am in love with old ephemera! If this love affair is wrong then I don't want to be right! ;)


I am revelling in this old ledger chock full of doctor's prescriptions dated 1897. A pharmacist's collection lovingly pasted down on both sides of the pages...I love old ledgers but I have never come across one like this before.



The handwriting is exquisite - the prescriptions are from several different doctors and include codeine, liquid arsenic and cannabis (!) just to name a few...


My mind is spinning with the projects I can make with these....including framing, using as wallpaper, scrapbooking, embellishments...decoupage... (I have listed them in my shop as well)



Now, if only this housework would take care of itself and I could get to play!...


8 comments:

Vintage Tea said...

What a lovely find!

Victoria

The Tattered Rose said...

You got a great find! I love the old store stock tags, too. They are too precious. Cheers, Trish G.

Alison Gibbs said...

It is so annoying when chores get in the way of the time we want to play.
Alison

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Joy ~ Those are wonderful finds ! I love anything of old paper ~
have fun creating !
xoxo,
Lori

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

It is amazing! I can see why the love affair began;)

THE TATTERED NEST said...

great find!

Antique Paperie said...

Ok - I'm booking the next flight to Canada. I want to see that in Person!!! heehee :) Oh how I wish I could grab a cup of coffee, sit down, and read each and every little detail - as you know, I am an antique ledger and vintage music -aholic!
Go to www.collagestuff.com - I guarantee you will LOVE looking at all they have!!
LOVE that you found that sweets -
great photos! xoxo Sher

Robolady said...

How lovely, wonderfully aged, and I love the handwriting. Great find.
Margo