Feb 22, 2008

Vacation Re-cap


I feel like I have been gone so long I don't even know where to start!


O.K., our trip was great and the weather was fabulous. But truly there is no place like home is there?

Some highlights of the trip...I took over 210 photos!


Here is where I got attacked by Love birds at Ocean World...



This is my hand (which was filled by the attendant with bird feed) I felt like I was in Alfred's Hitchcock's movie!



After temporarily losing my mind I let Jack and hubby swim with stingrays...



What was I thinking?... (truth be told their stingers were removed)



And then the madness continued as they swam with sharks! (that's a shark being placed on their laps)



Ellie liked getting up close and personal with this beautiful Bengal tiger... there's only glass that separates them but it sure looks like there isn't in this photo!



He fancied a dip in the pool after as I caught this picture from the other side...



The wedding on the beach was lovely...Ellie was the flower girl. Now, a seasoned professional, as this was her fourth trip down the aisle...



Hubby and Jack were also in the wedding party - Jack as ring bearer and hubby as Best Man...



Here is a pic with out dear friends Betty and Dalmer from Saskatchewan. We met them 8 years ago in Puerto Plata, just miles from where we are in this pic actually...




Lots of fun was had by all. There were a lot of us who went down for the wedding including my parents, my brother and his wife, my aunt and uncle (2 sets actually) We were quite the crew!


It's always great to get away but coming home is wonderful too. Now excuse me while I go make my bed. Apparently it doesn't make itself! Oh yeah, and approx. 60 loads of laundry are calling...what fun!



9 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and the wedding looked beautiful!.Welcome back! Come visit my blog for a giveaway!
Sand

RoxRocks said...

Welcome home! The pics are lovely! Well, the pics without the BIRDS in them are lovely! Birds are freaky and there is no way I could have one on my head! lol!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm glad the kids didn't try to swim with the tigers too!

Welcome back.

Sugar Bear said...

Welcome home Joy. Looks like a great trip. Beautiful setting for a wedding.
Karla

Tara said...

What a great trip! How hilarious was it getting attacked by Love Birds!? lol..thanks for stopping by my blog and doing the survey. Have a great weekend!~xo

Antique Paperie said...

So happy you are back!!! We've all missed you! Love the photos, and um, the little Birdies...Such cute little things until they start pecking you to death! haha :) That happened to me once. Since, I've been afraid of Birds, period. Jack & Hubby swimming with Sharks & Stingrays??? Oh my goodness Joy, you are a brave mom and wife. Boys will be boys, huh??
Anyway, great photos, your daughter is a gorgeous gorgeous young lady, and I am so happy to wish you a Welcome Home!!!
xoxo Sherri

Juicy Jenn said...

Joy, joy..joy! Welcome back! Love these photos...wish I'd been there too. Looks so warm and refreshing.

Yes I am completely back into the writing. Woohoo! Watch out world.

I have loads of things happening over at the blog and moving toward a few new ideas...ventures and well, writing. Oooh la la babycakes.

Again, welcome back. Can't wait to chat with you more!

JuicyJenn

Mary said...

So glad you all had a great time - looked like fun in the sun!
Welcome home - stay warm and relax - vacations are so tiring!!

P.S. Getting loads of compliments on the scarf - wearing it often as it's a bit chilly again.

Sandy said...

Oh Joy, it looks like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos with us. I'm jealous of the nice sunny weather! :)