Feb 29, 2008

Vintage Finds


Living in Canada can be such a hardship. (insert sad and depressing violin music here) The winter drags on forever while we wait for Spring - and more importantly - YARD SALES to arrive. Until then I am plugging away...trying to find new and interesting items to offer on my website. It's the thrill of the hunt for me - the more vintage - the better!


These vintage cake candle crowns are so cute...I think they'd look so darling on a cupcake!



I saved some vintage cream and pale pink buttons for another vintage button jar.



The colors are divine and so perfect for Spring!



I've made up another vintage bottle for bubble bath...this one is adorned with vintage seam binding, lace, rhinestones - and a few millinery flowers thrown in for good measure!



Love the color combo on this...



This vintage hanger would have Joan Crawford's approval! I've added some pale pink tiny millinery flowers to the front just to put it over the top...



Just look at these sweet vintage washcloth mitts - aren't they the sweetest? (all of these items will be going on the website this afternon)



I've added real German silver glass glitter to the shop as well...



The sparkle on this is AMAZING...



And finally, I picked up a large lot of these old tin cups which are just crying out to be made over. They are currently a work in progress....



Just a note about ordering on the website. I am now shipping once a week from the U.S. (I live on the border of Massena, NY) Packages arrive quicker that way and the postal rates are much lower over there. Over the past few years, Canada Post prices have sky-rocketed and seeing most of my orders are from the U.S., this is a great alternative. :)


7 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Love all the wonderful goodies! I hear you on winter dragging on. Its so cold today!
Karla

fromthepines said...

You got that right - uhhhh - I'm going into withdrawals! Thank goodness for indoor flea markets. Neat stuff in your shop -like the labels.

Cheryl

Casa Mia * My House * said...

Love all your beautiful treasures....

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I have the same crowns and made them into Xmas ornaments, amoung other things. Aren't they cool??
Mine were from a garage sale last summer. I am so desperately missing garage sales, I just can't wait for them to start again!!

Sharon said...

Spring can't be far away~ can it? Your goodies are wonderful. Thanks for visiting~Sharon@MakeMinePink

Sarah said...

Lovin' the bottles you make. Great idea to give as gifts!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Natalea said...

Such pretty things! Have a great day Joy! xo natalea