Mar 20, 2008

Easter Preparations


My sister Melody are part of the Worship committee at church and had the duty of making some eggs for this Sunday's service...



Melody, who is notoriously-



...had quite the production line going. We needed an egg for every member of the church!



Each egg was filled with jelly beans and rested on a tag which read:

Red is for the blood He gave,
Green is for the grass He made.
Yellow is for the Sun so bright,
Orange is for the edge of night.
Black is for the sins we made,
White is for the grace He gave.
Purple is for the hours of sorrow,
Pink is for a new tomorrow.
An egg of jellybeans, colorful and sweet, is a promise, a prayer, and a loved one's treat.



This large wicker basket ended up filled and overflowing!


*************************


My thanks to everyone who voted in The Hope Jar Poll... (you still can vote below if you haven't already) I am very surprised at the results! I think it's a toss-up between Healing (which I think would be wonderful for cancer patients) and Pet Loss. Pets are very near and dear to our hearts and the grief we experience when we lose them is real and palpable. Any pet owner can attest to this. 'Sisters' is also a top contender it seems. The voting is co close! Hmmmm..... I'm leaving the poll up and hope to see more votes come in. :)


15 comments:

Sondra said...

Joy,
I'm loving the eggs! I was wondering if you are planning on selling any of the clipboards you posted on 3/17 (? I think it was). I love them!
Let me know if so. Thanks!

Katrina said...

What a great idea and lovely poem! I'm teaching the junior Sunday school's Easter lesson, so thanks for the inspiration!

Wanda said...

What a chore! But a wonderful idea. I'm sure everyone will love getting their egg.

Ann said...

Terrific idea Joy...love it!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Love these eggs! We hope you have a blessed Good Friday.

smiles,
kari & kijsa

Sherri said...

Love the Eggs!!! What a beautiful idea. I love the Quote you added to each, as I think it is perfect!! I agree with you - Pets would be a wonderful Jar to have. I know that when my Cocker passed away (I had her from Elementary School to my Senior Year) It really left a big void in my heart and If only I had a Hope Jar to get me through...
I think my vote is Definately a Healing & Pets Hope Jar. 2 new ones for the new Year!!
They will be beautiful!
Your surprise is on the way dear - I can't wait til you see it!!
xoxox Sher

Nancy said...

Those eggs are amazing and quite a task! Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter. :)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Joy ~ I love those eggs ! That is such a wonderful idea for Easter Sunday ~
xoxo,
Lori

Sugar Bear said...

A wonderful poem and idea. If I hadn't already made my Easter treats - I would so take this idea! Happy Easter.
Karla

a fanciful twist said...

OH!! Miss Joy, you are up to such goodness. I am just catching up!!! And all these amazing eggs for everyone at church!! wow~~~ xoxoxo

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

What a great idea for your church. Love the sentiment of the words attached to the egg. It was a lovely Easter here in PA. Lots to celebrate.

Have a beautiful day!
Kitty

Lori said...

Joy, I hope you had a blessed Easter Sunday. The eggs were wonderful! Lori

Scrappy Jessi said...

so darling! hope you had a wonderful easter weekend.
oxoxox,
jessi

Shabbyfufu said...

Joy......thank you sweet friend for your condolences:-). Hope that you had a blessed Easter~Janet~

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Very nice! I can't believe I've never visited your blog before! It's fantastic!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies blog