Mar 30, 2008

For the Love of Buttons...


The ever-cute Analise from Sugar*Sugar is hosting a "Show Us Your Buttons" challenge. I happen to love buttons and snatch them up whenever I see them - may fav's being cream and white in all shapes and sizes. I started looking through my pictures and never realized just how many pics with buttons I had!


This is my newest find. I purchased this vintage test tube holder on ebay and knew instinctively what I was going to do with it...



Snug as bugs in rugs!



This chic wire purse (*sold - thanks!) is filled with large cream and white buttons. I have been filling this baby for a while now - the trick is the buttons have to be a large size otherwise they slip through the holes. Every time I find another large size button in it goes!



I just love these old
crown buttons, they are a heavy weight and feel so good in the hand!



I sold this pair of button jars when I first opened my website. I just love the pale blue and cream combination.



This old clear box was filled with old cream buttons. There were tons in here...



This glass button jar has a glass stopper and is pretty in pink!



It's larger cousin is also available here.



Buttons - the ultimate stress relievers...



You can never have enough...



Sometimes I think I could drink them all up!





31 comments:

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

Ahhh what beautiful pictures Joy! I adore buttons!

Dolly said...

Oh Joy,
I love your button collections and display ideas!

Hugz, Dolly

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Beautiful! I love your test tubes and the stand--LOVE....did I say love ? LOVE it! They look so beautiful with the buttons in them. The rest of your little bottles and the cute wire bag--all so beautiful!
Smiles, Karen

Lisa B. said...

Very cool button displays!

Clever Karen said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog. i love the test tubes to store the buttons - great idea!

a*LiTtLe*MuCH said...

*love*
your
collection!
xoxo,
karri

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Your collection is so beautifully displayed. The test tube display idea is inspired! :-) Rosie

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh wow Joy, what a wonderful collection of buttons and I love the way you have displayed them all.
Thanks for dropping by and checking out my buttons.
Alison

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Great buttons Joy! xo, suzy

LiLi M. said...

I love your very special button displays (of course I love those buttons too but everybody knows that). You have made great pictures! Thanks for your comment on my button collection.

Shabbyfufu said...

What beauties Joy and you always display things so nicely! ~Janet~

Little Pink Studio said...

Oh Joy! I love the photo of your buttons in the teacup! So pretty!!
~Cerri xo

leesiebella said...

Hi Joy!!

Your test tubes are totally wonderful!! You have some great ideas girly!!

Thanks for sharing your buttons with us!!

xo
Analise

Lori said...

oh Joy!!! how stunning your buttons are in the sweet little jars!!! all of your buttons are so very beautiful and the way you have them displayed makes them even more breath~taking and lovely!!! thanks SO much for sharing:)

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

What a cute post joy! love the tea cup overflowing!!

xoxo

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh what beautiful buttons! I love the idea of hanging a key on the jar! The test tubes...so great! Laurie

Beth Leintz said...

Buttons- the great stress relievers- isn't that the truth! Love how you've displayed your buttons - you've raised the button to art!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I think that mother of pearl and white buttons are my favorites. How pretty!

Teresa said...

Such beauties! I really love the crown ones. :)

Teresa

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

What pretty buttons. The test tube idea is great. What a unique way to showcase your collection.
Hugs, DebraK

Tutti Chic said...

Joy~ What a fabulous button collection & all so beautifully diplayed!! I am in awe! :) chris

Sugar Bear said...

Love all of those buttons and your diplays.
Karla

mylulus said...

ooh what fun! I love buttons as well.
hugs,
Sandy

rosabeer said...

Beautiful buttons and beautiful picture's too.
Greatings from Holland
Marja

Jennifer said...

They look yummy Joy!!!!

Margo said...

How beautiful! I'm so glad I found your blog and your shop :-)
Margo

Adla said...

Loving your button stash and how pretty you store them all !

The Apron Queen said...

I'm incredibly jealous. How cute!

By the way, any of your blog entries would be absolutely perfect to share for Vintage Thingies Thursdays over at my place. I'd love to have you participate.

Come on by! Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Siobhan said...

Hi Joy, Love your buttons...cant choose a fav...they are all so wonderful!

Sandy said...

You have the best collection of buttons and button jars girl!

FourSistersInACottage said...

OH JOY!!!!
I just LOVE your blog and your buttons are OUT OF THIS WORLD....What an INSPIRATION YOU ARE to me and a whole lot of other gals out there. Your decor is divine!!!!
Love and Hugs, Amy