Mar 17, 2008

"The Joy is in the Journey"


Saw that sign - and smiled - in my fav antique store "Memory Lane" today. Did I tell you that the owner of the store stashes stuff in a special white cupboard that only Janet and I know about? Is that not the coolest thing? So my heart goes pitter-patter as I make my way over and see what treasures are hidden away for us. Today I found these wonderful vintage German Christmas ornaments. So sweet! Thanks Karen. :)



Also found these fabulous old, well, to tell you the truth, I don't know WHAT they are. I think they had something to do with bill collecting. They have holes in them for hanging and I think they'll make great note holders by the door. Hey, if it's old - it's sold! That should be my new motto.



These old trinket boxes came in the mail for me today. I am going to clean them up a bit and see what I can do with them....



Very excited - Dancing With the Stars - aka DWTS - premieres tonight! I just love that show and really enjoy seeing how the 'stars' progress in their dancing. Best of all I can watch it with the kids which is more than I can say for other shows on at the same time period.


Off to make supper now - hope you find joy in your journey today!


8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Joy what gorgeous decorations - how lucky are you to have Karen hide stuff for you.
If it's old it's sold sounds like a great motto to me
Have a fabulous week
Alison

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

OH OH OH! I LOVE THESE JOY! You find the sweetest stuff!

debbie said...

you have your own cupboard at your favorite antique shop? i'm jealous - lol! how fun is that?! i love those clippy thingies - cute =) enjoy your day, debbie

Robolady said...

I love those little clip boards. Are those greyhounds on one of those boxes? How much are you selling them for?
Margo

Lynda said...

My dad still has one of those small boxes ... it looks very much like the one in the upper right corner.

Brenda Kula said...

Yes, the joy is indeed in the journey. Love how you use "found" stuff. If only people would use more "found" stuff instead of buying new stuff, we'd be recycling more!
Brenda

cindy said...

Looks like wonderful goodies...can't wait to see what you make. And yep, a perfect motto.

c

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Love those trinket boxes. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Right there with you on the Dancing with the Stars. I miss Maxim, though.....

Kitty