Mar 10, 2008

My Best Friend is in Florida and I Am Depressed


Thank goodness I got this to cheer me up...


I'm so tickled to receive this "You Make My Day Award" from the lovely Jennifer at The Old Painted Cottage. If you haven't checked out her blog, take a peek! I have known her since our early ebay days ...she's such a sweetie - and so talented! Thanks Jenn for the honor, you truly made my day!


Out thrifting and found this sweet *pink* vintage wicker
sewing basket (in my shop now)



If it's pink it comes home with me - if only for a little while!



Hubby and I have been arguing about this since the summer...



Not about what it is - or was ... but WHO would buy it. And why. Well, I can't throw it out and I DO think that it is sellable. (is that a word?) So I think I will list it on Etsy with the title "My Husband Doesn't Think This Will Sell." Perhaps we should place a wager on it.


I'll keep you posted. ;)




11 comments:

~j~ said...

oooh i know how you feel with your bestest friend far away from you. We women NEED our best girl pals right next door to us!
Anway, lol cuz i think that is a beautiful piece of whatever that you found, looks like it could be from a boat? Anyway it's screaming key holder to me. I have plenty of those ?! around the house, sorry it's treasure to me!
julia

Shabby Miss Jenn said...

I'll be glad to fill in as internet pal for ya! I hate having sweet friends too far away! HUGS!!!!!! Love that "Whatchamakolik" LOL

debbie said...

i'm lovin' that pink sewing basket =) i think it is definitely "sellable"! debbie

debbie said...

i'm lovin' that pink sewing basket =) i think it is definitely "sellable"! debbie p.s. the unamed thingie is "sellable" - lol!

debbie said...

they are both "sellable"... o.k., i'm making a mess and not making much sense. sorry! i need to stop typing and go to bed - lol! debbie

Alison Gibbs said...

Congrats on the award.
Love the pink basket and the 'My Husband doesn't think it will sell' item - there has to be something you can use it for.
Alison

Beth Leintz said...

I think your husband is wrong- it's cool, we might not know what it is, but cool is cool...

I'm guessing that there's another one out there somewhere and the pair had rods in between them and were used to hold newspapers in a library or barber shop.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Joy, looks like you have been snowed in, but still staying busy! Now that's something else...not sure what to do with it, but I'm sure with some creativity, it will be a treasure. How about hanging it somewhere for storage, I can see something hanging off those things.

Rhoda

Sherri said...

Hey sweets!! You deserve the Award because you always make our days when we come visit you. I don't know what I would do without my Joy fix!! My dear Canadian friend! Eh? hehee :) Love the pink basket and the satiny quilted insert is fabulous. I need to get over to your shop - I have been soooo sick and orders to get out and now it's time for some Sherri Shopping!! I cannot believe it's actually starting to warm up here! YES to Spring! xoxo Sher

Jenny said...

I think it will sell. Someone could use it for a coat hanger.(obviously placed horizontally)

Shab-n-Chic said...

What a great thing-a-ma-jig! I would guess it was made to hold boat oars or even brooms. Oh..just make something up..heeheehee...The paint is SWEET!