Mar 26, 2008

Vintage Finds...


Well, I spent a good couple of hours yesterday morning calling Credit Agencies to make sure the culprit who stole my credit card didn't try to steal a whole lot more. It looks like I am safe. Thank-you Lord.


Renovations are is full swing and the dust is flying! You know how when you finally tackle a project and then you realize just how much work it will actually be? Our living room has a loft ceiling and that entire ceiling, including three dormers, has to be painted. Poor hubby has his work cut out for him! I am his dutiful helper.


Now for some new shop/ebay updates...because I have never found the right spot for it, I listed this antique grate. (Sold - thanks! )I love it because it isn't flat like most you see - this one has the rounded dome insert that is removable.



These vintage talcum powder tins were a great find! I managed to score a large lot of 'em...



This wonderful old Smith Corona
typewriter is also on my website. Even though it has the ever-popular "Floating Shift" key, I couldn't bear to pry off the keys because...



It comes in this most fabulous case - it's covered in fleur de lys! So fab to display...



And finally, this vintage hooked rug is currently up for bids on ebay - I started it at $9.99...



*****************


I am so excited for Karla's "Bling Your Bird House" party tomorrow! I have been wondering what to do for weeks now, and I just couldn't get inspired. I have a couple of old bird cages but the ideas were not coming to me. Well, the other day I stumbled upon THE most fabulous vintage birdcage ever. It has taken everything in me to not post about it! Best thing is - it's so over-the-top I don't have to do a thing to it. So tomorrow I will post pics of it. Be sure and stop by!


5 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love before and afters, can't wait to see the finished room! And the bird cage.

Melody said...

Man, that rug would look fab in my house! :}

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

What a fun project you have coming up!

Now, WHERE IS WILBUR? I haven't been by in awhile and I went through all of your posts to catch up with the little mischief maker. But, no sight of him! Maybe he has been staying out of trouble! I do remember the whole carrot and dip episode from awhile back. Perhaps he learned his lesson.
:-)
Melissa

Alison Gibbs said...

Lots of fun for Karla and Beths birdhouse bling
Alison

Cindy (Junque Art) said...

I want to come shopping with you! What great finds!